Regular Member Meeting 2015 03 10
- 1 Time and Location
- 2 Approval of Previous Meeting's Minutes
- 3 Recognition
- 4 Director Reports
- 5 Project Awesome Reports
- 6 Member Reports
- 7 Old Business
- 8 New Business
- 9 New Members
- 10 Adjournment
Time and Location
- March 10, 2015
- Called to order at XXX by XXX
- Members present: XXX
- Members remote: XXX
- Others present: XXX
- Quorum met? XXX
Approval of Previous Meeting's Minutes
- Dan Barlow - Taking the initiative to setup CNC Mill dedicated computer disk backup.
- haxwithaxe - Making NAS server storage available.
- Julia Longtin - Thursday event, 3D printing related.
- Kevin Cole - Notifying other HacDC members of the LulzBot giveaway.
Vice President's Report
Bunch of things have been done, more are in progress. Please be patient, and tolerate the resources presently being deployed.
- We WON a LulzBot in the recent giveaway!
- WYSE terminals now have two USB flashdrive images. DSL works well for GUI (eg. kiosk) or simple SSH (eg. fileserver) uses. Knoppix offers kernel 2.6, which can be used to chainload full-scale distributions (eg. Debian) for more advanced servers (eg. Apache, Lighttpd, MySQL, Email, IMAP, etc). Relatively cheap, sporting x86 CPUs, and offering audio ports, these can be useful as 'embedded' computers.
- Configuration kiosk (WYSE terminal based) will be provided for the NetPLC based RFID system in progress. NetPLC would have been ready for delivery today, but local IT issues kept me busy yesterday.
- First instance of mirage335OS (precompiled Gentoo/Funtoo image with custom software) installed to a modern ThinkPad. Intended to host our Epson Stylus Pro 4800 2D printer, allowing large-format printouts at low cost (compared to >$20/job Kinkos pricing).
- AutoSSH through Shimmer tested successfully. Will be used to remotely administrate and backup important computers, preventing recurrence of the sort of file-corruption incident which struck our CNC Mill recently.
Also, the Church rent seems to keep going up. We might want to think about whether this is justified, or represents an unduly harsh business model driven by partly our own successes.
Project Awesome Reports
- Authorized purchase of some 3D printer filament. Not sure if any has in fact been purchased or made it to the space.
- New WSM1 soldering iron tips have arrived. Please use the needle tip specifically for surface-mount work.
- Authorized purchase of Wheels for OpticalTableRobot. AFAIK, the vendor has not been able to ship them yet.
Adjourned at XXX by XXX