Regular Member Meeting 2015 08 11
- 1 Time and Location
- 2 Approval of Previous Meeting's Minutes
- 3 Recognition
- 4 Director Reports
- 5 Project Awesome Reports
- 6 Member Reports
- 7 Old Business
- 8 New Business
- 9 New Members
- 10 Adjournment
Time and Location
- August 11, 2015
- Called to order at 7:54pm by Enrique
- Members present: Don J., Julia L., Phil S., Mike C., Enrique C.
- Members remote:
- Others present: Evan, Bobby B., Pat.
- Quorum met? No.
Approval of Previous Meeting's Minutes
- Bobby B. for loaning HacDC a new circular saw and a hammer drill. These are now in the workshop.
- Don J. for hosting two Introduction to Soldering classes, which attracted 8 and TBD new guests.
Vice President's Report
Biohacking. Saved four Purple Martin hatchlings, stapling wire mesh around their nest as a much needed mechanical support. All four have since reached near adult-size, likely headed to South America soon. <3
Broken Taz3 3D printer, again, largely due to PEI delamination. Complete story, existing upgrades, and planned upgrades posted at the LulzBot Forums.
Last month has been busy. Still hoping to spend a couple weeks fixing things up at HacDC soon.
- Half a dozen people have signed up and paid the $25 ticket for the upcoming TOOOL lockpicking class, Sept 12th.
- I haven't had time to write up a proposal for charging for classes and splitting the proceeds.
- I didn't sort the Outgoing so nothing is getting trashed this month.
- St. Stephen's renovations are tying up the auditorium every Saturday, all day and crowding the schedule for the dining room as well. As a result we're pretty restricted as far as dates to hold large events like the Cryptoparty. As Pat points out, there are other nearby locations (eg other churches) with suitable spaces for large events. We should reach out to them about availability.
- Have accepted a donation of an amateur radio repeater currently at another location with an antenna. The allocated frequency didn't come with the donation, so the repeater is not operational. Acquiring a new repeater frequency allocation might take years, so HARC has some decisions to make about this equipment.
- Did two Learn to Solder classes. More pending scheduling openings.
- Going to the Foundation Center for a video storytelling workshop tomorrow.
- Want to schedule a day to set up a HacDC show-n-tell on the lawn outside to advertise our presence to the neighborhood.
Project Awesome Reports
No expenditures this month.
No expenditures this month.
- Pending: Proposal for a list of special tool custodians and list of authorized users (eg CNC, Laser Cutter, Lathe, etc).
- Pending: Ability to charge for MeetUp RSVPs.
- Pending: Proposal to make HacDC facilities and events marijuana-free, independent of St. Stephen's and DC policies.
- Pending: CryptoParty 2015?
Evan S. voted in by all members present.
Adjourned by Enrique at 9:36pm.