Regular Member Meeting 2016 04 12
From HacDC Wiki
Time and Location
- Date April 12th, 2016
- Called to order at xxxx pm by xxxx
- Members present:
- Members remote:
- Others present:
- Quorum met?
Approval of Previous Meeting's Minutes
Vice President's Report
- The money is more or less OK. Income exceeded expenses by about $400, but discretionary project spending put us $350 in the red for March overall. Rent increased from 977 to 993 per month starting February.
- We have $6400 cash earmarked for projects and $4400 for reserves and I think we should build up reserves to $7k in the coming months.
- We received a letter from CFC identifying $150 of donations so far (not including the DC region), but expect the cash in April. If you are or know a federal agency employee, please find out who the CFC Coordinator for at agency or facility is, so HacDC can participate in CFC informational events nearby in the Fall.
- The board approved a Memorandum of Understanding with High School Tech Services, who will be using the space 9am-5pm Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday to offer free IT training classes to DC high school seniors. We can go over the MOU text if members want to.
- We continue to need more members, more donations, MOAR!
Matt - aka. mirage335
For the year, we have had no major incidents on account of HacDC or its members. Things are generally running smoothly. Work is getting done. Equipment is going back online. This year is actually off to a great start. Amazing!
Regarding USASEF, looks like we will have one to three people from Makersmiths participating with us. Between both spaces, there could be as many as six participants, maybe more. Propoganda needs to be prearranged.
TazMega and/or TazStiff are likely to make an appearance at USASEF. These extremely capable machines are forerunners to HacDC's next-generation CNC machines.
Expecting to have the funds to personally buy and donate one array of four 6TB WD Green WD60EZRX disks. WD Green disks have unusually high wear/lifecycle ratings when 'intellipark' frequency is reduced. Each such array can provide >10TB RAID6 storage and >1TB SSD-like RAID0 storage, upgradeable to include >20TB RAID6. Planning to use this to provide exceptionally robust on-site Shell/VPS/NAS services, available at least to members and for purposes relevant to the space (eg. backup). A thorough explanation as to why this deployment is needed and appropriate would be rather long to include here. Please consult with senior members of the admin team for technical details, justifications, and commentary.
Project Awesome Reports
Bought a cellular modem shield for a RasPi, this should provide backup telecommand/reboot of core IT infrastructure.
Would appreciate more information on project balances.
Also, Ethan is evaluating Julia Longtin's proposed computer platform for HacDC use.
Project Electron Microscope (SEM)
Project Optical Table Robot (OTR)
Adjourned by at xxx by xxx