Regular Member Meeting 2016 08 09
- 1 Time and Location
- 2 Approval of Previous Meeting's Minutes
- 3 Recognition
- 4 New Members
- 5 Old Business
- 6 New Business
- 7 Director Reports
- 8 Project Awesome Reports
- 9 Member Reports
- 10 Adjournment
Time and Location
- August 9th, 2016
- Called to order at xxxx pm by xxxx
- Members present:
- Members remote:
- Others present:
- Quorum met?
Approval of Previous Meeting's Minutes
- We should edit the bylaws so the board of directors' terms are staggered. Having a complete board turnover last year was not great.
- The White House is hosting a National Manufacturing Day (https://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/2016/08/08/call-action-celebrate-manufacturing-today-and-tomorrow) and part of the aim of the event is to "Linking manufacturers to the Maker movement by serving as the anchor tenant for a regional makerspace or supporting maker spaces in schools and after-school programs." I'm not sure what this means for HacDC except that it's a national makerspace/hackerspace event at the White House, down the road, with people who know what government programs can support hackerspaces. The event is Friday, October 7th. If there's a possibility of HacDC having an info table or booth, it sounds like a good idea to me...
- The memorandum of understanding (MOU) with High School Technology Services that allows them to use HacDC's classroom during business hours is expiring. They would like to renew it.
Vice President's Report
IT systems are functioning nominally. Replaced the classroom Wifi since the 5Ghz hardware was not stable. Also got the classroom room mic working for the web conferencing. Need to fix whatever broke the WebRTC compatibility. Also fixed a Wifi AP for the church and provided general email support. Haven't set up the Linux repo mirrors yet, plan on doing that soon.
All Starlight accounts also provide SMTP/POP/IMAP email service.
ReverseProxy for HTTP/HTTPS sites on HacDC servers are now redundant.
Project Awesome Reports
Nothing to report.
Project Electron Microscope (SEM)
Our President Julia has volunteer to cover the delta costs from PA SEM funds to purchase the digital vacuum gauge. Need to work on ordering that.
Project Optical Table Robot (OTR)
We received the DIY CRISPR kit and inventoried it. We've made the small classroom fridge a "NO FOOD" project fridge because we now have bacteria cultures in there. The cultures and DNA and RNA require refrigeration. (The bacteria is E. Coli HME63, if anyone is curious.) The recipe ("protocol") takes multiple days due to incubation periods, so we're going through it once to verify we can actually do it with the equipment on-hand. Expect we'll have materials left over to repeat the experiment several more times.
We have had several fantastic meetings and are starting to break out in to individual teams based on project area outlined in the Spaceblimp 6 page. Please email me or one of the lists if you would like to be on the email@example.com email list. We are looking for members to contribute their PA funds for PA Spaceblimp and are taking individual donations that can include parts/components. The Funding team would like to ask the membership about adding a special Spaceblimp donation link directly on the HacDC website, possibly close below the HacDC donation link on the left rail. The Spaceblimp donation link would be up for no more than 6 months.
Adjourned by at xxx by xxx