Regular Member Meeting 2016 10 11
From HacDC Wiki
Time and Location
- Called to order at 8:17 pm by Julia Longtin
- Members present: mike chelen, julia longtin, xavier belanger, ken worthy, bobby baum, enrique cobas, tom iddings, ethan waldo
- Members remote:
- Others present: zac huberty, ankeet presswalla
- Quorum met? yes.
Approval of Previous Meeting's Minutes
http://wiki.hacdc.org/index.php/Regular_Member_Meeting_2016_08_09 (Vote: renewal of HSTS MOU)
- Julia would like reimbursement of $19.01 from reserves for two 32GB USB Flash drives; receipt already provided.
- Previous bylaws amendment is pending since about April; it allows the Board to suspend a member's access to the space until the next meeting. Please review if you haven't seen the proposal.
- Proposal: Create a second HacDC bank account for use by the HacDC Amateur Radio Club treasurer if he or she is a HacDC member. HacDC would retain ownership and visibility of the account, but the HARC treasurer could check the balance and be an authorized user on the check card for donation deposits and purchases.
- Bylaws amendment proposal: Change the threshold for future bylaws amendments from "more than three quarters (3/4ths) of voting members," to "more than three quarters (3/4ths) of member votes cast 90 days from the proposal approval date," and from "Notice of such petition must be submitted electronically to all members," to "Notice of such a petition must be submitted to all members electronically and, where electronic means produce no response, all other available means." (Note that this was proposed by Ben in 2009.... http://wiki.hacdc.org/index.php/Proposed_Bylaw_Changes_2009 )
- HARC has been unable to demonstrate competence in developing a plan for how they will manage their own domain asset w3hac.org. This has continued for 2 years since it was initially registered by our current Vice President on HARC's behalf. Since HARC is part of HacDC, it makes more sense for HacDC to handle their domain asset at this time. We need to transfer their domain to a HacDC administered account managed by the admin team and set it up for auto-pay on the HacDC credit card.
Project Awesome Reports
Nothing to report, though, as always, some expenditures by members may be eligible for reimbursement.
Nothing to report.
Project Electron Microscope (SEM)
The vacuum gauge has been ordered and might be here by the next members meeting.
Project Optical Table Robot (OTR)
We are launching this weekend and invite any and all to come out to Strasberg for the event at 10am on Saturday. We will take a haitus for a couple of months before we resume talking about the next Spaceblimp launch for the early spring;.
Vice President's Report
Nothing to report, no current commitments attended to. That may change soon, we'll see.
- Starlight and Nebula are fully operational. Please request accounts.
- A lot of technology is getting developed, especially towards the Optical Table Robot.
Adjourned by at xxx by xxx