Regular Member Meeting 2016 12 13
- 1 Time and Location
- 2 Approval of Previous Meeting's Minutes
- 3 Recognition
- 4 New Members
- 5 Old Business
- 6 New Business
- 7 Project Awesome Reports
- 8 Member Reports
- 9 Director Reports
- 10 Adjournment
Time and Location
- Date December 13, 2016
- Called to order at 8:10 pm by Julia
- Members present: Julia, Ken, Bobby, Enrique
- Members remote: Kevin
- Others present: Ben, Andrew
- Quorum met? No
Approval of Previous Meeting's Minutes
Ben and Andrew voted in.
- Project Awesome Dividend (project funds allocations) may need to be changed. The current rule says project funds allocations come from the month's total surplus ("cash accounting"). That's simple and means the allocation will never put HacDC in the red for the month. But it means that expenses by one project reduce surplus and allocation to all other projects for that month. If we get a $500 donation and coincidentally Project X spends $500 that month, there is no surplus left to distribute and the $500 donation ends up in Reserves.
- Next meeting is the Annual Meeting and we have elections for board of directors. Who's running for what? President, Vice-President(and IT support), Secretary, Treasurer, Director At-Large 1, Director At-Large 2.
Project Awesome Reports
Project Electron Microscope (SEM)
The shipping date for the vacuum gauge has been pushed back to January! AArgh! We asked for a quote on another gauge and it was twice the cost.
Project Optical Table Robot (OTR)
Two critical parts for the classroom laser exhaust were designed and 3D printed this month. They fit well; the exhaust is now complete and we can assemble and tune the laser electronics and other hardware. We also need a water cooler solution.
We've purchased fresh DNA and RNA to repeat the experiment another 5 times. I'm also in touch with a researcher at George Washington U. who is willing to come give a short talk about his work with CRISPR. However the date to put this event together... slips...
The SpaceBlimp team had a post-launch meeting to review what went right and wrong. We still have video to edit.
Enrique - No cryptoparty interest, really? Come on. What kind of hackerspace is this? Let's discuss after the meeting. Julia - The Taz 3D printer is now working great! The nozzle is finer than the before, the whole head is basically a new upgrade. It is now better than the Mini.
Vice President's Report
- November was OK, our revenue exceeded normal expenses by about $214. We also spent $176 on Helium for SpaceBlimp (the invoice was paid in November even though the launch was October) so net surplus is about $44. :( Not worth allocating; it's going into Reserves and we could have a separate vote to transfer some funds from Reserves to projects.
- Project Awesome should be done by someone else. The treasurer has enough numbers to deal with without having to keep track of 8 different project balances, allocating donations, surpluses and expenses and updating project POCs about it all. I doesn't get done. The treasurer should only deal with the "Projects" balance overall, not the breakdown, IMO.
- Expect rent to increase for next year as usual.
Adjourned by at 9:44pm by Julia