Difference between revisions of "Regular Member Meeting 2017 06 13"

From HacDC Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
(Project EXPANSION)
(Adjournment: asdf)
 
(20 intermediate revisions by 4 users not shown)
Line 2: Line 2:
  
 
== Time and Location ==  
 
== Time and Location ==  
:Date
+
:June 13, 2017
:Called to order at xxxx pm by xxxx
+
:Called to order at 8:20 pm by Enrique
:Members present:  
+
:Members present: Matt Z, Ken K., Ankeet P., Enrique C., James S.
:Members remote:  
+
:Members remote: Julia
:Others present:  
+
:Others present: Phillip, Bobby
 
:[[Quorum]]  
 
:[[Quorum]]  
:: Quorum met?  
+
:: Quorum met? No, 6/7 (28 members).
  
 
== Approval of Previous Meeting's Minutes ==
 
== Approval of Previous Meeting's Minutes ==
Line 19: Line 19:
  
 
== Old Business ==
 
== Old Business ==
* We have 12 signatures on the bylaws amendment pettition, out of about 28 members. We've still to email the petition to members or mail hardcopies, but this illustrates the reason we need this amendment in the first place...
+
* We have 12 signatures on the bylaws amendment pettition, out of about 28 members. We've still to email the petition to members or mail hardcopies, but this illustrates the reason we need this amendment in the first place... Please Sign/Consider if you are present. Now.
 +
 
 +
* Review/discuss/vote on the new draft of the HSTS MOU, already discussed some last month: [[http://wiki.hacdc.org/index.php/File:HacDC_HSTS_MOUv3.pdf]]
 +
 
 +
* Review/discuss/vote on Ken's proposal that HacDC act as a fiscal sponsor, detailed previously:
 +
[[http://wiki.hacdc.org/index.php/File:HacDC-FiscalSponsorship.pdf]]
  
 
== New Business ==
 
== New Business ==
 +
* Shirts. Enrique drew up, ordered and paid for t-shirts with the HacDC logo but I'd like to just sell them to HacDC rather than sell them myself piecemeal. So far I've sold or given away 6 or 7 shirts, so I'd like HacDC to purchase the rest from me. I can provide the invoice.
 +
 
* Liability waivers for kids. We have several minors that frequent the space weekly now. What waivers do we have, what waviers should we have?
 
* Liability waivers for kids. We have several minors that frequent the space weekly now. What waivers do we have, what waviers should we have?
 +
 +
* Do we want to come out and play at the Columbia Heights and Community Service Providers meeting hosted by Thrive DC on June 22, 2017? (We were invited.)  The text of the invitation:
 +
 +
:: '''''I am writing to invite you to join us for a Columbia Heights and Community Service Providers meeting to be held at Thrive DC on June 22, 2017 from 11 - 2 pm at Thrive DC 1525 Newton Street NW.  This is an opportunity for service providers in the area to meet, greet and get to know about what services are being offered in our community.  As times get tougher and our clients are increasingly affected we need to be connected and aware of the work of our neighbors.'''''
 +
 +
:: '''''Schedule:'''''
 +
:: * '''''11:00 AM - 11:45 AM Attendees arrive, coffee & tea provided.'''''
 +
:: * '''''11:45 AM Lunch is served'''''
 +
:: * '''''12:00 PM - 1:00 PM Organizations provide short introduction'''''
 +
:: * '''''1:00 PM - 2:00 PM Open meet & greet between attendees'''''
 +
 +
:: '''''Please send your Director of Social Services (or equivalent) and another staff member. And share this invitation with other organizations in the Columbia Heights/Mount Pleasant/Adams Morgan/Petworth/Park View area that you think will benefit.'''''
 +
 +
* Nancy: We're also invited to the YMCA science & engineering event; theyr'e interested in having us show off 3D printers. The executive director said they can offer transporation and meals (Breafkast and lunch), and they expect about 4000 kids attending. Somewhere in Virginia, July 28, I think. I'm proposing going to this event, promoting ourselves and connecting with the YMCA. Will post details on Blabber.
  
 
== [[:Category:Project_Awesome|Project Awesome]] Reports ==
 
== [[:Category:Project_Awesome|Project Awesome]] Reports ==
Line 39: Line 60:
  
 
=== Project Electron Microscope (SEM) ===
 
=== Project Electron Microscope (SEM) ===
 +
* No time. I'm just the figurehead project point-of-contact but have no time to work on this myself. The SEM is ready to test but I'd like to make sure nothing has fallen into the high-voltage electronics before powering it up. Otherwise it's simple: Plug in, turn on, watch the vaccum gauge... does it go below 10^-2 Torr? If yes, there might be a gauge/interlock problem. If no, there's a vacuum leak to find and fix.
  
 
=== Project Optical Table Robot (OTR) ===
 
=== Project Optical Table Robot (OTR) ===
  
 
=== Project CRISPR ===
 
=== Project CRISPR ===
 +
* We purchased and received a refill kit with fresh (live) E.Coli HME63 bacteria, DNA, RNA, supplies, etc.
  
 
=== Project SpaceBlimp ===
 
=== Project SpaceBlimp ===
 +
* There discussions of a meeting but it did not happen I think.
  
 
== Member Reports ==
 
== Member Reports ==
Line 65: Line 89:
  
 
* We received $250 from Positive Force, the proceeds from their music show to benefit HacDC.
 
* We received $250 from Positive Force, the proceeds from their music show to benefit HacDC.
 +
 +
* I forgot to bill a whole bunch of people (everyone I was supposed to bill) in May, so May sucks, and I'm going to bill those members $90 for June and July instead.... again, because I suck.
 +
 +
* We wrote our last check for June rent and some DCRA application fees. We are out of checks. The new checkbook I ordered from VistaPrint is missing, seems to have disappeared between the UPS delivery and our mailbox unless it magically shows up. Mike is aware... I'll have to order another, i guess. They will only ship it to the address on the checks.
 +
 +
* Financial Statement Jan-May 2017: [[http://wiki.hacdc.org/index.php/File:HacDC_2017-5.pdf]]
 +
* Project Awesome Statement Jan-May 2017: [[http://wiki.hacdc.org/images/a/aa/HacDC_2017-5_Projects.pdf]]
  
 
=== Secretary's Report ===
 
=== Secretary's Report ===
Line 73: Line 104:
  
 
==== Matt ====
 
==== Matt ====
 
+
Expect to be doing some Project OTR work in the near future.
 
 
  
 
== Adjournment ==
 
== Adjournment ==
Adjourned by at xxx by xxx
+
Adjourned by at 10:00pm by Enrique

Latest revision as of 18:58, 13 June 2017


Time and Location

June 13, 2017
Called to order at 8:20 pm by Enrique
Members present: Matt Z, Ken K., Ankeet P., Enrique C., James S.
Members remote: Julia
Others present: Phillip, Bobby
Quorum
Quorum met? No, 6/7 (28 members).

Approval of Previous Meeting's Minutes

Recognition

  • Tom and James for work on the laser cutter; Tom added a web server for it. James helped me 'cut' a sapphire wafer. Half cut, half cracked at least.
  • Julia has had full-house open-house events twice a week for several weeks.

New Members

Old Business

  • We have 12 signatures on the bylaws amendment pettition, out of about 28 members. We've still to email the petition to members or mail hardcopies, but this illustrates the reason we need this amendment in the first place... Please Sign/Consider if you are present. Now.
  • Review/discuss/vote on the new draft of the HSTS MOU, already discussed some last month: [[1]]
  • Review/discuss/vote on Ken's proposal that HacDC act as a fiscal sponsor, detailed previously:

[[2]]

New Business

  • Shirts. Enrique drew up, ordered and paid for t-shirts with the HacDC logo but I'd like to just sell them to HacDC rather than sell them myself piecemeal. So far I've sold or given away 6 or 7 shirts, so I'd like HacDC to purchase the rest from me. I can provide the invoice.
  • Liability waivers for kids. We have several minors that frequent the space weekly now. What waivers do we have, what waviers should we have?
  • Do we want to come out and play at the Columbia Heights and Community Service Providers meeting hosted by Thrive DC on June 22, 2017? (We were invited.) The text of the invitation:
I am writing to invite you to join us for a Columbia Heights and Community Service Providers meeting to be held at Thrive DC on June 22, 2017 from 11 - 2 pm at Thrive DC 1525 Newton Street NW. This is an opportunity for service providers in the area to meet, greet and get to know about what services are being offered in our community. As times get tougher and our clients are increasingly affected we need to be connected and aware of the work of our neighbors.
Schedule:
* 11:00 AM - 11:45 AM Attendees arrive, coffee & tea provided.
* 11:45 AM Lunch is served
* 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM Organizations provide short introduction
* 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM Open meet & greet between attendees
Please send your Director of Social Services (or equivalent) and another staff member. And share this invitation with other organizations in the Columbia Heights/Mount Pleasant/Adams Morgan/Petworth/Park View area that you think will benefit.
  • Nancy: We're also invited to the YMCA science & engineering event; theyr'e interested in having us show off 3D printers. The executive director said they can offer transporation and meals (Breafkast and lunch), and they expect about 4000 kids attending. Somewhere in Virginia, July 28, I think. I'm proposing going to this event, promoting ourselves and connecting with the YMCA. Will post details on Blabber.

Project Awesome Reports

Project SUPPLIES

No expenses yet.

Needle tip for WSM1 soldering iron should be replaced. More lights and wall anchors are needed for the basement. Around the Taig CNC mill, a plexiglass sheet should be available to limit mess. A small folding table would also be nice to have around the Taig CNC mill.

Project EXPANSION

No expenses yet.

A proper, Li-Ion powered impact driver/wrench and hammer drill has been a ridiculously long neglected need at HacDC. Recommend a Bosch combo kit with support for use as an impact wrench providing around 150ft.lbs. torque. Recommend CLPK250-181L for its uniquely compact assortment of essential features and power.

Project HAMRADIO

Project Electron Microscope (SEM)

  • No time. I'm just the figurehead project point-of-contact but have no time to work on this myself. The SEM is ready to test but I'd like to make sure nothing has fallen into the high-voltage electronics before powering it up. Otherwise it's simple: Plug in, turn on, watch the vaccum gauge... does it go below 10^-2 Torr? If yes, there might be a gauge/interlock problem. If no, there's a vacuum leak to find and fix.

Project Optical Table Robot (OTR)

Project CRISPR

  • We purchased and received a refill kit with fresh (live) E.Coli HME63 bacteria, DNA, RNA, supplies, etc.

Project SpaceBlimp

  • There discussions of a meeting but it did not happen I think.

Member Reports

Enrique - I put together and purchased a bunch of shirts with the HacDC logo; they were $10 each for the unisex one, $15 each for the women's (they're softer) and the black ones. The black ones just have the logo with no text at all; I emailed the designs out. If someone wants one, let me know and pay me for it. I've sold a few so far. In addition, I propose that HacDC purchase these shirts from me and do whatever HacDC wants to do with them (sell them, give them to long-time members, give them to all members, etc), whatever. It's been pointed out that members get just about zero perks or swag for supporting HacDC month after month. Other organizations give their contributors something like cheap t-shirts to aid advertising, recruitment, etc.

Enrique - the Oculus PC is back and not working; the video card stopped putting out any output and I haven't had time to troubleshoot it. If we manage to get it up again I'll bring the Oculus back, otherwise whatever.

Director Reports

President's Report

Vice President's Report

Treasurer's Report

  • We received our tax-exemption letter from the DC Office of Taxation, similar to the IRS 501c3 determination letter, which HacDC had neglected or not bothered to apply for. But we applied and straightened that out so we're straight with the DC government in addition to the IRS and better qualified to accept grants or whatever HacDC wants to do in the future.
  • Next we'll apply for a basic business license and a solicitation license, which are $220 and $420 and good for two years. Not cheap but I think we need this in order to ask people for money, which we do. So basically I'm not comfortable not doing this and being treasurer, so I'll do it.
  • We received $250 from Positive Force, the proceeds from their music show to benefit HacDC.
  • I forgot to bill a whole bunch of people (everyone I was supposed to bill) in May, so May sucks, and I'm going to bill those members $90 for June and July instead.... again, because I suck.
  • We wrote our last check for June rent and some DCRA application fees. We are out of checks. The new checkbook I ordered from VistaPrint is missing, seems to have disappeared between the UPS delivery and our mailbox unless it magically shows up. Mike is aware... I'll have to order another, i guess. They will only ship it to the address on the checks.
  • Financial Statement Jan-May 2017: [[3]]
  • Project Awesome Statement Jan-May 2017: [[4]]

Secretary's Report

Director-at-Large Reports

Mike

Matt

Expect to be doing some Project OTR work in the near future.

Adjournment

Adjourned by at 10:00pm by Enrique