Regular Member Meeting 2017 07 11
- 1 Time and Location
- 2 Approval of Previous Meeting's Minutes
- 3 Recognition
- 4 New Members
- 5 Old Business
- 6 New Business
- 7 Project Awesome Reports
- 8 Member Reports
- 9 Director Reports
- 10 Adjournment
Time and Location
- Called to order at 8:15 pm by Enrique
- Members present: Matt Z., James, Matt H., Enrique C.
- Members remote:
- Others present: Tayeb, Ben, Bobby
- Quorum met? No.
Approval of Previous Meeting's Minutes
- Benjamin Blundell - The British Invasion! :D But I'm lovely really so pretty please vote me in :D
- Tayeb voted in unanimously.
- Ben voted in by 3/0 (matt was away).
- We have 16 signatures on the bylaws amendment pettition, out of about 28 members. We've still to email the petition to members or mail hardcopies, but this illustrates the reason we need this amendment in the first place... Please Sign/Consider if you are present. Now.
- Review/discuss/vote on the new draft of the HSTS MOU, already discussed some last month: []
- Review/discuss/vote on Ken's proposal that HacDC act as a fiscal sponsor, detailed previously:
- Nancy: HacDC is invited to the YMCA of Metropolitan Washington’s 23rd Annual YMCA Thingamajig® Invention Convention, Thursday, July 27, 2017, from 9 a.m. until 3 p.m. At the Prince George’s County Show Place Arena/Equestrian Center in Upper Marlboro, Maryland. YMCA is covering transportation and food and some help setting up and tearing down. Please see Nancy's email today for details. (read it)
Project Awesome Reports
Nothing to report.
Nothing to report.
Project Electron Microscope (SEM)
Project Optical Table Robot (OTR)
First public even is coming up in the next few weeks.
- The date for the next launch is preliminarily August 21 (the day of the Eclipse). Please speak up if you'd like to participate. Meeting should start shortly.
- Enrique: Pictures of the space we toured on Saturday are below. Another tour is scheduled for tomorrow evening at 7:30pm. See my email for details.
- Bobby: Have a heavy metal-cutting saw blade if HacDC wants to borrow it. Will cut extruded Aluminum. It's not high-precision but will also cut concrete.
Vice President's Report
We had a surplus of $667 because we're still catching up from my forgetting to bill people in previous months. I'll be distributing this surplus to Project Awesome as a dividend. Please look at the new projects and let me know what to do with your share. Balances is here: 
Adjourned by at 9:35pm by Enrique