Regular Member Meeting 2017 08 05
From HacDC Wiki
Time and Location
- Date August 5, 2017c
- Called to order at xxxx pm by xxxx
- Members present:
- Members remote:
- Others present:
- Quorum met?
Approval of Previous Meeting's Minutes
- Enrique - Should we invest in off-site storage unit, move the majority of the contents of the basement shelves to this cold storage, remove the basement shelves, install bright lighting, seating and work surfaces in the rear room?
Project Awesome Reports
Project SUPPLIES - Mirage
Project EXPANSION - Mirage
Project HAMRADIO - Jeff
Project Electron Microscope (SEM) - Enrique
Project Optical Table Robot (OTR) -Julia
Project CRISPR -Enrique
Project SpaceBlimp -Enrique
Project Media Outreach - Matt
Project IT Infrastructure - Tom
Vice President's Report
- I filed for a DC business license and a solicitation license from DCRA (https://dcra.dc.gov/), which together came to over $600 for two years. This is so we can legally get more than $1500 in donations or grants per year, which we should aim for. Next: find & seek grants! With all our paperwork in order I think we should contact the DC government (mayor?) directly and ask if they have a mechanism to help us financially.
- I applied for a hardware donation from SparkFun and were awarded $150. We have to build a wishlist and send it to them (and complete the Program Agreement form). They want to see photos and stuff they can use for promotional purposes and I think we should oblige and hope to get more stuff from them in the future.
- I read that BUGGS got some financial support from the Northrop Grumman Employees Charity Organization (ECHO, http://www.northropgrumman.com/CorporateResponsibility/CorporateCitizenship/Philanthropy/Pages/EchoMatching.aspx), so I looked into that but the application asks for some info I don't have (invitation #?). So I wrote their contact and am waiting to hear back what that means.
Adjourned by at xxx by xxx