Regular Member Meeting 2017 11 14
- 1 Time and Location
- 2 Approval of Previous Meeting's Minutes
- 3 Recognition
- 4 New Members
- 5 Old Business
- 6 New Business
- 7 Project Awesome Reports
- 7.1 Project SUPPLIES - Mirage
- 7.2 Project EXPANSION - Mirage
- 7.3 Project HAMRADIO - Jeff
- 7.4 Project Electron Microscope (SEM) - Julia
- 7.5 Project Optical Table Robot (OTR) -Julia
- 7.6 Project CRISPR -Enrique
- 7.7 Project SpaceBlimp -Enrique
- 7.8 Project Media Outreach - Matt
- 7.9 Project IT Infrastructure - Tom
- 8 Member Reports
- 9 Director Reports (Governance related stuff)
- 10 Adjournment
Time and Location
- Called to order at 8:00 pm by Julia Longtin
- Members present: kevin cole, enrique, james, ken, bobby
- Members remote: none
- Others present: nancy
- Quorum met? No
Approval of Previous Meeting's Minutes
ken, for getting us in contact with the city.
remind nancy about disclaimer.
Project Awesome Reports
Project SUPPLIES - Mirage
Project EXPANSION - Mirage
Project HAMRADIO - Jeff
Project Electron Microscope (SEM) - Julia
4.7 torr. rebuilding the imaging board. re-greased and re-installed a seal. python serial is almost working. scanned all the docs except the PCB.
Project Optical Table Robot (OTR) -Julia
Project CRISPR -Enrique
Nothing to report. We have not gotten back to The ODIN's offer to send free new supplies.
Project SpaceBlimp -Enrique
We motivated the Rockville Makerspace to have Spaceblimp meetings with us. We've had two meetings (Nancy, Sam). They have licensed radio operators that are interested.
Report back from meetings with Rockville Maker Space Report back from attendance - MUD - Balloon Launch program - Saturday Nov 11 Future Steps regarding, networking and collaboration By Nancy C. Wolfson
I tried but I keep forgetting how to edit the Wiki... Thanks in advanced Hug, see you tonight Nancy
I inquired about purchasing the gas cylinder rather than renting it at $30/mo. No response so far and the rental fees are racking up. I haven't had a chance to go back up to Hyattsville with the cylinder to return it after the aborted launch in August. I'd rather donate the rental cost for now but will try to return and ask about purchasing it in person. (Enrique)
Project Media Outreach - Matt
This project is orphaned as Matt does not want to lead it. Nic may be taking this over.
Project IT Infrastructure - Tom
- Ken has invited Marvin Gay, Community Outreach Coordinator, for Safer, Stronger DC (Office of Neighborhood Saftey and Engagement, Executive Office of the Mayor) to visit the space on November 21 at 1:00 PM, and Mr. Gay has accepted. Dorothy Jones-Davis, the Executive Director for Nation of Makers is also invited and attending.
- Ubuntourist attended a Community Makerspace Day to shill for HacDC. The crowd was a bit young, but the woman who was the ringmaster, Shaia Belt, appears interested in learning from us.
- VolkswagenFeature and Ubuntourist are now able to read the SEM MKS Instruments 925 Micro Pirani™ Vacuum Transducer via multiple serial communications programs (e.g. Minicom, Miniterm), one of which is part of the Python serial package, which should serve as a guide for how to write custom Python code to monitor the SEM.
Vice President's Report
Adjourned by at julia by 9:02