Regular Member Meeting 2017 12 12
From HacDC Wiki
Revision as of 11:30, 12 December 2017 by 22.214.171.124 (talk) (→Project CRISPR -Enrique: asdf)
Time and Location
- Called to order at xxxx pm by xxxx
- Members present:
- Members remote:
- Others present:
- Quorum met?
Approval of Previous Meeting's Minutes
Pursue a grant - Smart and Connected Communities (S&CC) and Neighborhood Artisan Centers (NACs)
Ken is proposing that HacDC submit a letter of intent and proposal to the National Science Foundation, bidding on their "Smart and Connected Communities (S&CC)" (Program Solicitation: NSF 18-520), in cooperation with Nation of Makers and the DC government's Safer, Stronger DC Community Partnerships.
- January 30, 2018: Letter of Intent
- February 28, 2018: Full Proposal Deadline
- TL;RL: The goal of the NSF Smart and Connected Communities (S&CC) program solicitation is to accelerate the creation of the scientific and engineering foundations that will enable smart and connected communities to bring about new levels of economic opportunity and growth, safety and security, health and wellness, and overall quality of life. This goal will be achieved through integrative research projects that pair advances in technological and social dimensions with meaningful community engagement.
- The pot: $19,250,000 divided between 7 to 15 bidders
- Work in progress: A Concept for Neighborhood Artisan Centers
- Additional information: Neighborhood Artisan Centers (NACs)
Project Awesome Reports
Project SUPPLIES - Mirage
Project EXPANSION - Mirage
Project HAMRADIO - Jeff
Project Electron Microscope (SEM) - Enrique
Project Optical Table Robot (OTR) -Julia
Project CRISPR -Enrique
We've contacted the CRISPR kit supplier who previously offered to send us a new version of the kit ingredients to arrange delivery for early January. Our plan is to perform the CRISPR experiment as soon as the kit arrives to avoid questions of storage temperature.
Project SpaceBlimp -Enrique
Project Media Outreach - Matt
Project IT Infrastructure - Tom
Vice President's Report
Adjourned by at xxx by xxx