Regular Member Meeting 2018 03 13
From HacDC Wiki
Time and Location
- Called to order at xxxx pm by xxxx
- Members present: Julia, Tom, Bobby, Ken, Kevin, Nic
- Members remote:
- Others present:
- Quorum met?
Approval of Previous Meeting's Minutes
- Nancy = Membeship renewal
Discussing USASEF participation:
Requested two tables from Gary Maulin for lockpicking/3D printer setup/other members projects We need a schedule for participation from HacDC members:
Friday: Kevin, Tom (morning on Friday to help bring things), maybe Ben, Enrique (probably not) Saturday: Tayeb, Ben, Kevin, Julia, Enrique Sunday: Julia, Kevin, Ben (if low staff), Nic, Enrique, Bobby (teardown)
Project Awesome Reports
Project SUPPLIES - Mirage
Project EXPANSION - Mirage
Project HAMRADIO - Jeff
Project Electron Microscope (SEM) - Julia
Stalled for last month, we have new seals except for the one we know is damaged. We need to find the information about the damaged seal and then replace it
Project Optical Table Robot (OTR) -Julia
Project CRISPR -Enrique
No update; too busy with Spaceblimp lately.
Project SpaceBlimp -Enrique
Enrique: Launch date (for test-launch) looks like 2018/03/24
Project Media Outreach - Matt
Project IT Infrastructure - Tom
No IT needs this month.
Vice President's Report
I've been making a bunch of new computers for the space. New lasercutter driver, new Classroom TV, new basement TV.
Also got access to the phone system recently. I've setup a voip phone in the basement, which can be rung from the main menu.
I've created a roadmap for work to be done on the lasercutter.
I got somebody to come pick up some of our trash, with the potential to come pick up more trash in the future.
I'm trying to create a wiki for reverse engineering in general. I think I've purchased a domain, ikiw.io, and will provision a server for it eventually.
- Set up a meeting with Open Technology Institute, with Ken, Julia, myself and Karen in attendance. More follow-up needed but positive response from OTI and offers to help.
- Met with a PSA-702 in SE to establish relationships with potentially interested parties. Most notably, the Ward 8 liaison from the Mayor's Office of Community Relations and Services, who spoke about a technical training center for job training.
Adjourned by at xxx by xxx