Actions

Regular Member Meeting 2018 03 13

From HacDC Wiki

Revision as of 17:16, 13 March 2018 by Tark (talk | contribs) (Update)


Time and Location

Date
Called to order at xxxx pm by xxxx
Members present: Julia, Tom, Bobby, Ken, Kevin, Nic
Members remote:
Others present:
Quorum
Quorum met?

Approval of Previous Meeting's Minutes

Recognition

New Members

Old Business

New Business

- Nancy = Membeship renewal

- Discussing USASEF participation:

  Requested two tables from Gary Maulin for lockpicking/3D printer setup/other members projects
  We need a schedule for participation from HacDC members:
  
  Friday: Kevin, Tom (morning on Friday to help bring things), maybe Ben, Enrique (probably not)
  Saturday: Tayeb, Ben, Kevin, Julia, Enrique
  Sunday: Julia, Kevin, Ben (if low staff), Nic, Enrique, Bobby (teardown)

- Need to find a new date for the 10th anniversary party. We'll discuss it more over the blabber

Project Awesome Reports

Project SUPPLIES - Mirage

Project EXPANSION - Mirage

Project HAMRADIO - Jeff

Project Electron Microscope (SEM) - Julia

Stalled for last month, we have new seals except for the one we know is damaged. We need to find the information about the damaged seal and then replace it

Project Optical Table Robot (OTR) -Julia

Project CRISPR -Enrique

No update; too busy with Spaceblimp lately.

Project SpaceBlimp -Enrique

Enrique: Launch date (for test-launch) looks like 2018/03/24

Project Media Outreach - Matt

Project IT Infrastructure - Tom

No IT needs this month.

Member Reports

- Bobby: Make sure that we are documenting the projects as they go to make sure that if the lead person is unable to work, the project can continue

- Enrique: Has a couple of HDMI VGA adapters that he meant to bring in

Director Reports (Governance related stuff)

President's Report

Vice President's Report

I've been making a bunch of new computers for the space. New lasercutter driver, new Classroom TV, new basement TV.

Also got access to the phone system recently. I've setup a voip phone in the basement, which can be rung from the main menu.

I've created a roadmap for work to be done on the lasercutter.

I got somebody to come pick up some of our trash, with the potential to come pick up more trash in the future.

I'm trying to create a wiki for reverse engineering in general. I think I've purchased a domain, ikiw.io, and will provision a server for it eventually.

Treasurer's Report

Secretary's Report

Director-at-Large Reports

Kevin

  • Set up a meeting with Open Technology Institute, with Ken, Julia, myself and Karen in attendance. More follow-up needed but positive response from OTI and offers to help.
  • Met with a PSA-702 in SE to establish relationships with potentially interested parties. Most notably, the Ward 8 liaison from the Mayor's Office of Community Relations and Services, who spoke about a technical training center for job training.
  • Upgraded the whee white whireless wrouter to replace the big one currently being used with the Polycom UFO / VoIP setup.

Ken

Adjournment

Adjourned by at xxx by xxx