Difference between revisions of "Regular Member Meeting 2018 06 12"

From HacDC Wiki

Line 3: Line 3:
== Time and Location ==  
== Time and Location ==  
:Called to order at xxxx pm by xxxx
:Called to order at 2030 pm by Tom
:Members present:  
:Members present: Nic David Kevin Tom I. Enrique and Ken
:Members remote:  
:Members remote: Tayeb and Julia
:Others present:  
:Others present: Samudra Eva Tom D. Jeff
:: Quorum met?  
:: Quorum met? yes, we think.

== Approval of Previous Meeting's Minutes ==
== Approval of Previous Meeting's Minutes ==

Revision as of 17:35, 19 June 2018

Time and Location

Called to order at 2030 pm by Tom
Members present: Nic David Kevin Tom I. Enrique and Ken
Members remote: Tayeb and Julia
Others present: Samudra Eva Tom D. Jeff
Quorum met? yes, we think.

Approval of Previous Meeting's Minutes


New Members

Old Business

New Business

Group equipment purchase proposal from District Makers' Collective

LIZ Dombrowski, Board President of the District Makers Collective writes:

So we heard from JBG Smith that they're selling Techshop's equipment. Here's the message they sent one of our members:
"Given the sheer amount of equipment in the space and the challenge of administering a piecemeal disposition to various buyers, we are only accepting bids from firms who can purchase and remove the equipment."
We're not in the position to buy that much equipment financially, so we're setting up a coalition of local makerspaces to see if we could pool our resources. We're also planning to work with our members to do an aggressive fundraising blitz. We know we need to move quickly.
Would you be interested in joining with District Makers Collective? It would be awesome to see Techshop's equipment split among the DMV's local makerspaces.

Project Awesome Reports

Project SUPPLIES - Mirage

Project EXPANSION - Mirage

Project HAMRADIO - Jeff

Project Electron Microscope (SEM) - Julia

Project Optical Table Robot (OTR) - Julia

Project CRISPR -Enrique

Ten words: "This kit includes everything you need to genetically modify frogs." Also, no. Spoke to Sarah from BUGSS and they might be interested in building DIY bio equipment at/with HacDC. For example, the gel electrophresis imager to compare DNA strand lengths, maybe a PCR machine to multiply/amplify DNA. Not sure who at HacDC is really interested though - let me know. No other progress to report. The existing CRISPR fridge is not cold enough to store reagents, although it can store fresh petri dishes and some reagents.

Project SpaceBlimp -Enrique

Our Global Space Balloon Challenge entry did not win the prize but it's pretty nice. Here's the document: Media:Spaceblimp7_HackersSLS_GSBC-Report.pdf Several key team members are busy until later in July so no launch plans for SB 8 (might be 7B, long story). Please let us know if you'd like to join the group at spaceblimp@hacdc.og

Project Media Outreach - Matt

Project IT Infrastructure - Tom

Member Reports

Enrique. Note that our CFC application was denied due to some discrepancy in the number of board or voting members on the form. We have until Thursday to appeal. I'll help or work on this but will need to get in touch with Tayeb or Karen to get it submitted.

Director Reports (Governance related stuff)

President's Report

Vice President's Report

Treasurer's Report

Secretary's Report

Director-at-Large Reports




Adjourned by at xxx by xxx