Regular Member Meeting 2019 01 08
From HacDC Wiki
Time and Location
- Date: January 8 2019
- Called to order at 7:37 pm by Karen
- Members present: Kevin, Dorotea, Ken, Bobby, Dan, James, Karen
- Members remote: Tom, Julia, Mirage
- Others present: Foxlet
- Quorum met? Y
Approval of Previous Meeting's Minutes
Thanks Kevin for changing my wiki password. Again. Thanks Julia and bon voyage to you and Jesse! Thanks Dave for getting the server downstairs up and running (supercomputers are go)
Dan - interested in 3d printing, Blender, etc.
Ken concerned about air quality
- Possible propane coming up from kitchen
- Suggestion to use an air exchanger to deal with issue
- Sent an email to members/bod with idea for something less invasive
- Suggestion from peanut gallery to use a hepa filter of some sort
- Possibly have a few different issues that require different solutions - best solution may in fact be an air exchanger - runs about $400
- Is an inventory necessary?
- Best process may be giving members a chance to identify and claim items they want and then recycle of the rest.
- Keep tools, but try to get rid of "parts"
- How to identify wanted items? Stickers? Yes, Karen will purchase
- Deadline to save items March 31, lots of reminders, then call recyclers
- Vote to proceed - all present agree
- Clean-up: Inventory
Gygax Supercomputer Admin
- Dave needs to chat with Mike Ritonia - get a static ip address/port opened in firewall
Video cameras for the space
- Kevin trying to get one working to monitor printers
- Also need one to monitor space for occasional items that get borrowed and don't come back - Karen will investigate and report back
- More social events - low barrier to entry in terms of technical knowledge - movie night was fun and went well
- Ken - workshops like Enrique's blockchain seminar. SingularityNet might be interested in speaking by video conferencing
- Kevin has an idea for a venue for a fundraising event - Exiles on U Street NW - trivia night
- 'Bot in search of a good home: ITechGeek has been hosting the IRC 'bot on his personal VPS, and has asked that it be moved to an official HacDC box. Or, barring that, just kill it, since it seems to be under-utilized.
Project Awesome Reports
Project SUPPLIES - Mirage
Project EXPANSION - Mirage
Project HAMRADIO - Jeff
Project Electron Microscope (SEM) - Julia
Project Optical Table Robot (OTR) - Julia
Project CRISPR -Enrique
- Report and updates
Project SpaceBlimp -Enrique
- Report and updates
Project Media Outreach - Matt
Project IT Infrastructure - Tom
- Working with a community organizer in Ward 7 about a demo of new technology second Tuesday in March - 3D printing, VR, AI, etc.
- Can do AI and VR but needs help 3d printing part, and to be at meeting to answer questions
- About a 10 minute session followed by demos
- Needs volunteers - will put something out on blabber after he has confirmed HacDC's participation
Still working on code of conduct - will include edits from last time and circulate to members for input. Don't want grammatical wordsmithing - want more substantial comments for inclusion/editing
Fundraising Want to set up a gofundme page to share on facebook and other venues
Vice President's Report
I can confirm Dan's Paypal subscription. The settlement check has been sent. I have our information and passwords on the 990 that needs to be filed.
I will have to upload later, but this month was largely the same as the last. This was the last month of our repayments for lost revenue from 6 months of last year, so $440 additional dollars will stop coming next month. But due to irregular payment schedules (not everyone pays exactly monthly) this should balance out for this months finances once everyone has paid. Still working on contacting everyone to make sure they are up to date with this month's payment.
Adjourned by at xxx by xxx