Regular Member Meeting 2019 04 09
From HacDC Wiki
Time and Location
- Called to order at xxxx pm by xxxx
- Members present:
- Members remote:
- Others present:
- Quorum met?
Approval of Previous Meeting's Minutes
Foxlet for organizing the new print server so it has a GUI Tayeb for service above and beyond the call of duty from Philadelphia Ken for organizing the PSA community meeting demos
Welcome to new board members John, Dave and James
Code of Conduct - draft is located at https://wiki.hacdc.org/index.php?title=Code_of_Conduct
- what is required to approve it?
Project Awesome Reports
Project SUPPLIES - Mirage
Project EXPANSION - Mirage
Project HAMRADIO - Jeff
Project Electron Microscope (SEM) - Julia
Project Optical Table Robot (OTR) - Julia
Project CRISPR -Enrique
- Report and updates
Project SpaceBlimp -Enrique
- Report and updates
Project Media Outreach - Matt
Project IT Infrastructure - Tom
Dupont Underground Event, Thursday May 16
- We need to plan the demos, do outreach to other groups and keep track of who will be participating.
- We need to schedule a walk through with Jihan at Dupont Underground
- I invited Words Beats & Life to participate but all their supplies are in storage while they remodel their space. Flex did say he would like to attend. I think he would also be open to promoting it.
- Nehemiah from Non Stop Art suggested participation from a gentleman named Thomas who does music classes. Thomas and I have corresponded and he is interested in the idea for doing a soundtrack for the silent films.
- Kevin reached out to Nehemiah, DMC, the Library and others, John suggested we should offer table space to other community maker organizations which I thought was good, so I also invited Focus on the Story (https://focusonthestory.org) to participate.
- Other avenues for promotion - Meetup.com, Blabber, Facebook, Twitter
- The basement clean up went very well and we have now freed up space for a pantry for Thrive while also lowering our rent a bit.
- Mike Ritonia has also been responsive about our concerns with regard to water incursions and the lock on the door. Mike has had some work done on the drain in front of the basement door to see if that helps with the water coming in, and he proposes installing a better-quality door to the basement. However, he also is proposing to remove the security gate over the basement door - that's an open topic for discussion. I told him we would let him know what we think after the meeting.
- Next step is to decide as a group how we want to use our space.
- * I suggest turning the basement into a shop for woodworking and metalworking. I also suggest consolidating some of the supplies upstairs that aren't used so often in dedicated space in the basement. Maybe a little beautification? Painting?
- I propose that we set a separate meeting for the community to discuss, or use the next member meeting for this conversation.
- We had a visitor named Ioannis who was intrigued by our laser cutter but it's probably too hacked to do much with in the short or even medium term.
- I propose purchasing a small laser cutter (~$200) to use for the Dupont Underground event, but I also think we need to consider buying a larger one (~$450) to replace the one Ioannis was looking at.
- We need to develop some expertise in maintaining laser cutters...
Hacking guidelines What can be hacked? What shouldn't be hacked? I would like the board to come up with some guidelines on this. Kevin can elaborate. :)
Vice President's Report
Adjourned by at xxx by xxx