Regular Member Meeting 2019 05 14
From HacDC Wiki
Time and Location
- Date 5/14/2019
- Called to order at 7:35 pm by Karen Shunk
- Members present: Dan, Bobby, Ken, Kevin, John, James
- Members remote: Hunter
- Others present:
- Quorum met? Y
Approval of Previous Meeting's Minutes
Minutes by John, motion James, seconded Kevin, approved
2 new paying members, Maxwell and Alex 1 full member, 1 student
Code of conduct largely finished Use of space discussion to be deferred until after the event at Dupont Underground May 16
- Tech Circus
- We now have a FEW trinkets from James and Kevin.
- Send walk-through and Thursday setup notes, logistics to all the players not in attendance today (e.g. NonStop Art).
- 10:00 AM Thursday early setup.
- 5:00 PM Thursday late setup, with teen schleppers and greeters.
- Don't forget HacDC banners and brochures from top drawer of the filing cabinet.
- Don't forget blue tape and glue for the printer(s)
- 12 (?) tables.
- Soft drinks, beer, and wine available. No food.
- Teen schleppers available to help with tear-down.
- Stage with sound system at far (east) end of tunnel
- Dan lives close, has a car, and, in a pinch, has space that can act as a very temporary storage relay
- Opening remarks / welcome to the Dupont Underground at stage (Robert Meins)
- Intro to HacDC at stage (???)
- Music with video at stage (Dan)
- Looping 3D-related videos and 3D printing (Kevin and Esti from DCPL)
- SpaceBlimp 6 video, and possibly Robert Meins drone video
- "Live" video projection of VR gear view (Ken)
- 3D room scanning / modeling (Betty)
- Robotics? (Oby)
|2||HacDC||3D Printing||Kevin Cole|
|3||HacDC||Electronic Music||Dan Monego|
|4||HacDC||Legos for fun||Karen Shunk|
|6||Nonstop Art||Information||Nehemiah Dixonemail@example.com|
|7||Nonstop Art||Wearable tech||Nehemiah Dixon|
|8||District Makers Collective||sculptural lights||Kent Slowinskifirstname.lastname@example.org|
|9||David Kaufman||art||David Kaufmanemail@example.com|
|10||DCPL||3D Printing||Esti Brennan, Chelsea Kirklandfirstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com|
- Invitation to participate in Capital Hill Maker Faire -- Rayburn Building, June 24. (Maybe too late: Deadline for response was May 10)
- Inquiry from National Building Museum to entertain 16 "campers" this summer with a talk about HacDC and hackerspaces / makerspaces
- Now we have letterhead, courtesy of James
- Need to write a "Thank you for the parts donation" letter.
Project Awesome Reports
Project SUPPLIES - Mirage
Project EXPANSION - Mirage
Project HAMRADIO - Jeff
Project Electron Microscope (SEM) - Julia
Project Optical Table Robot (OTR) - Julia
Project CRISPR -Enrique
- Report and updates
Project SpaceBlimp -Enrique
- Report and updates
Project Media Outreach - Matt
Project IT Infrastructure - Tom
A visitor with tool education experience is coming on Monday - I plan to ask for advice on tool training and certification for HacDC
Vice President's Report
John will look into ideas for HacDC and HacDC Ham Radio Club to collaborate more closely. Ideas include fox hunting, building equipment, software defined radios.
Will add to HacDC ham radio club agenda for June.
Transitioning information from Tayeb to James (new treasurer) 2 new members in April, however 2 cancellations
Adjourned by at xxx by xxx