Difference between revisions of "Regular Member Meeting 2019 07 09"

From HacDC Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search
(/meeting minutes/)
 
(New Business)
 
(22 intermediate revisions by the same user not shown)
Line 3: Line 3:
 
== Time and Location ==  
 
== Time and Location ==  
 
:Date
 
:Date
:Called to order at xxxx pm by xxxx
+
:Called to order at 7.35 pm by Karen
:Members present:  
+
:Members present: Tayeb, Bobby, Ken, Kevin, James, Dan, Karen, Mirage
 
:Members remote:  
 
:Members remote:  
:Others present:  
+
:Others present: Rob, Jeff
:[[Quorum]]  
+
:[[Quorum]] 5
:: Quorum met?  
+
:: Quorum met? Y
  
 
== Approval of Previous Meeting's Minutes ==
 
== Approval of Previous Meeting's Minutes ==
 +
Motion, seconded, approved by acclamation.
  
 
== Recognition ==
 
== Recognition ==
 +
Bobby, James and Kevin have done a lot of work on the 3d printers
 +
Members who have converted to automatic payment
 +
Welcome back Tayeb
 +
James has done a ton of work organizing the basement into a working shop - he also got a welder for the shop
  
== New Members ==
+
== New Members for July ==
 +
Michelle
  
 
== Old Business ==
 
== Old Business ==
 +
* Rules of the road/code of conduct - there is input from Bobby that should be considered before we vote to accept
 +
* Ken is taking the VR system to community program that he is supporting so the younger kids can experience it (so no VR in the space right now)
 +
* Basement keys are sorted out, Karen and James need to go to the bank to sort out the signature cards
 +
* Visit to Nonstop Art - aiming for a group field trip on Wednesday, July 17, 6pm - Karen will email Nehemiah
  
 
== New Business ==
 
== New Business ==
 +
* Kevin made a connection with WABA (kind of) who offered to help HacDC get a table at community events
 +
* Dan is looking for a part for his 3d printer that is on loan to HacDC
 +
* Bobby's ideas for drawing new visitors - screen/tshirt printing, 3d printing out on the sidewalk, RC vehicle advertising HacDC in the neighborhood
 +
* Visitor Jeff would like to join - members present approved
  
 
== [[:Category:Project_Awesome|Project Awesome]] Reports ==
 
== [[:Category:Project_Awesome|Project Awesome]] Reports ==
Line 49: Line 63:
  
 
=== President's Report ===
 
=== President's Report ===
 +
Next movie is Young Frankstein on Friday, July 19
  
 
=== Vice President's Report ===
 
=== Vice President's Report ===
 +
Out of town - no report
  
 
=== Treasurer's Report ===
 
=== Treasurer's Report ===
 +
Google for nonprofits?
 +
 +
* New subscriptions: Ken and Michelle Savage. Thank you for automating and for signing up, respectively.
 +
* Ended subscriptions: Philip Stewart. Sorry to see you go. Thanks for the past support.
 +
* Donations: Kyle Mulka, $10. Thank you for your donation.
 +
* Business license renewed for 2 years. Paid personally due to president out of country. $632.50
 +
* Hackdc.org domain name re-registered for 5 years.
 +
* Check 1200? Dondé esta?
 +
* Donation from Facebook arrived. Check is in locker. I will try mobile deposit.
 +
* Balances: Paypal $500, BBT $5052.93.
 +
* Burn rate: $1642/month expenses $690/month income, $952/month deficit = 5.8 months remaining.
 +
* We need 16 new $60/mo. members.
 +
 +
Comment:
 +
 +
It would be nice to have monthly events where we could solicit donations (they would be free events otherwise)
 +
Some topics - AI, Blockchain, etc. Michelle's brain computer interface group?
  
 
=== Secretary's Report ===
 
=== Secretary's Report ===
 +
Dave's not here man...
  
 
=== Director-at-Large Reports ===
 
=== Director-at-Large Reports ===
  
 
==== Kevin ====
 
==== Kevin ====
 +
No reports, but will reach out to Brian at Exiles on Main Street to schedule a HacDC night
  
 
==== Ken ====
 
==== Ken ====
 +
No report
  
 
== Adjournment ==
 
== Adjournment ==
Adjourned by at xxx by xxx
+
Adjourned by at 8.25 by Karen

Latest revision as of 16:31, 9 July 2019


Time and Location

Date
Called to order at 7.35 pm by Karen
Members present: Tayeb, Bobby, Ken, Kevin, James, Dan, Karen, Mirage
Members remote:
Others present: Rob, Jeff
Quorum 5
Quorum met? Y

Approval of Previous Meeting's Minutes

Motion, seconded, approved by acclamation.

Recognition

Bobby, James and Kevin have done a lot of work on the 3d printers Members who have converted to automatic payment Welcome back Tayeb James has done a ton of work organizing the basement into a working shop - he also got a welder for the shop

New Members for July

Michelle

Old Business

  • Rules of the road/code of conduct - there is input from Bobby that should be considered before we vote to accept
  • Ken is taking the VR system to community program that he is supporting so the younger kids can experience it (so no VR in the space right now)
  • Basement keys are sorted out, Karen and James need to go to the bank to sort out the signature cards
  • Visit to Nonstop Art - aiming for a group field trip on Wednesday, July 17, 6pm - Karen will email Nehemiah

New Business

  • Kevin made a connection with WABA (kind of) who offered to help HacDC get a table at community events
  • Dan is looking for a part for his 3d printer that is on loan to HacDC
  • Bobby's ideas for drawing new visitors - screen/tshirt printing, 3d printing out on the sidewalk, RC vehicle advertising HacDC in the neighborhood
  • Visitor Jeff would like to join - members present approved

Project Awesome Reports

Project SUPPLIES - Mirage

Project EXPANSION - Mirage

Project HAMRADIO - Jeff

Project Electron Microscope (SEM) - Julia

Project Optical Table Robot (OTR) - Julia

Project CRISPR -Enrique

- Report and updates

Project SpaceBlimp -Enrique

- Report and updates

Project Media Outreach - Matt

Project IT Infrastructure - Tom

Member Reports

Director Reports (Governance related stuff)

President's Report

Next movie is Young Frankstein on Friday, July 19

Vice President's Report

Out of town - no report

Treasurer's Report

Google for nonprofits?

  • New subscriptions: Ken and Michelle Savage. Thank you for automating and for signing up, respectively.
  • Ended subscriptions: Philip Stewart. Sorry to see you go. Thanks for the past support.
  • Donations: Kyle Mulka, $10. Thank you for your donation.
  • Business license renewed for 2 years. Paid personally due to president out of country. $632.50
  • Hackdc.org domain name re-registered for 5 years.
  • Check 1200? Dondé esta?
  • Donation from Facebook arrived. Check is in locker. I will try mobile deposit.
  • Balances: Paypal $500, BBT $5052.93.
  • Burn rate: $1642/month expenses $690/month income, $952/month deficit = 5.8 months remaining.
  • We need 16 new $60/mo. members.

Comment:

It would be nice to have monthly events where we could solicit donations (they would be free events otherwise) Some topics - AI, Blockchain, etc. Michelle's brain computer interface group?

Secretary's Report

Dave's not here man...

Director-at-Large Reports

Kevin

No reports, but will reach out to Brian at Exiles on Main Street to schedule a HacDC night

Ken

No report

Adjournment

Adjourned by at 8.25 by Karen