Regular Member Meeting 2019 07 09
- 1 Time and Location
- 2 Approval of Previous Meeting's Minutes
- 3 Recognition
- 4 New Members for July
- 5 Old Business
- 6 New Business
- 7 Project Awesome Reports
- 7.1 Project SUPPLIES - Mirage
- 7.2 Project EXPANSION - Mirage
- 7.3 Project HAMRADIO - Jeff
- 7.4 Project Electron Microscope (SEM) - Julia
- 7.5 Project Optical Table Robot (OTR) - Julia
- 7.6 Project CRISPR -Enrique
- 7.7 Project SpaceBlimp -Enrique
- 7.8 Project Media Outreach - Matt
- 7.9 Project IT Infrastructure - Tom
- 8 Member Reports
- 9 Director Reports (Governance related stuff)
- 10 Adjournment
Time and Location
- Called to order at 7.35 pm by Karen
- Members present: Tayeb, Bobby, Ken, Kevin, James, Dan, Karen, Mirage
- Members remote:
- Others present: Rob, Jeff
- Quorum 5
- Quorum met? Y
Approval of Previous Meeting's Minutes
Motion, seconded, approved by acclamation.
Bobby, James and Kevin have done a lot of work on the 3d printers Members who have converted to automatic payment Welcome back Tayeb James has done a ton of work organizing the basement into a working shop - he also got a welder for the shop
New Members for July
- Rules of the road/code of conduct - there is input from Bobby that should be considered before we vote to accept
- Ken is taking the VR system to community program that he is supporting so the younger kids can experience it (so no VR in the space right now)
- Basement keys are sorted out, Karen and James need to go to the bank to sort out the signature cards
- Visit to Nonstop Art - aiming for a group field trip on Wednesday, July 17, 6pm - Karen will email Nehemiah
- Kevin made a connection with WABA (kind of) who offered to help HacDC get a table at community events
- Dan is looking for a part for his 3d printer that is on loan to HacDC
- Bobby's ideas for drawing new visitors - screen/tshirt printing, 3d printing out on the sidewalk, RC vehicle advertising HacDC in the neighborhood
Project Awesome Reports
Project SUPPLIES - Mirage
Project EXPANSION - Mirage
Project HAMRADIO - Jeff
Project Electron Microscope (SEM) - Julia
Project Optical Table Robot (OTR) - Julia
Project CRISPR -Enrique
- Report and updates
Project SpaceBlimp -Enrique
- Report and updates
Project Media Outreach - Matt
Project IT Infrastructure - Tom
Next movie is Young Frankstein on Friday, July 19
Vice President's Report
Out of town - no report
Google for nonprofits?
- New subscriptions: Ken and Michelle Savage. Thank you for automating and for signing up, respectively.
- Ended subscriptions: Philip Stewart. Sorry to see you go. Thanks for the past support.
- Donations: Kyle Mulka, $10. Thank you for your donation.
- Business license renewed for 2 years. Paid personally due to president out of country. $632.50
- Hackdc.org domain name re-registered for 5 years.
- Check 1200? Dondé esta?
- Donation from Facebook arrived. Check is in locker. I will try mobile deposit.
- Balances: Paypal $500, BBT $5052.93.
- Burn rate: $1642/month expenses $690/month income, $952/month deficit = 5.8 months remaining.
- We need 16 new $60/mo. members.
It would be nice to have monthly events where we could solicit donations (they would be free events otherwise) Some topics - AI, Blockchain, etc. Michelle's brain computer interface group?
Dave's not here man...
No reports, but will reach out to Brian at Exiles on Main Street to schedule a HacDC night
Adjourned by at 8.25 by Karen