Regular Member Meeting 2020 04 21
From HacDC Wiki
Time and Location
- Date: February 11, 2020
- Called to order at 7:30 pm by Karen
- Members present: Nine members present: Karen, Tayeb, Kevin, Matt
- Members remote: None
- Others present: One observer
- Quorum met? Yes
Approval of Previous Meeting's Minutes
- Matt for 3D printing 40 face shields using his home printer and taking them to a hospital drop-off site
No new members
- Spring cleaning (but not gear cleaning) has begun. Clean those springs!
- Discussing options for 3D printing if people are interested in aiding in the production of face shields. Places are currently looking for face shields and not masks and hospitals usually will tell you what they are looking for. There was a coordinated organizing effort in Baltimore, but not any well-coordinated efforts close to home.
- Capture the Flag is a hope for the future but we will wait until we can talk to Tristan
- Tayeb will start the deep learning online course soon and it will be managed entirely online this time, allowing more people to join
Project Awesome Reports
Project HAMRADIO - Jeff
Project Electron Microscope (SEM)
Vice President's Report
Current balance is $5597. We are in the black for the last two months because we haven't yet paid rent in April or March. We are net +3567 in April, net +1000 in March. We currently have 19 dues paying members, and we have lost two members (or at least frequent donaters) over the past month.
Matt also recommends doing a drive for PPE, offers to send email to members list Karen asks if we have a method to tell the difference between a one-time donation and a member. We want to be able to see if we are losing members when we make the case to the church that we're looking for a break on the rent
Adjourned by at xxx by xxx