Actions

Difference between revisions of "Regular Member Meeting 2020 05 12"

From HacDC Wiki

(Created page with "Category:Meeting Minutes {{TOCright}} == Time and Location == :Date: May 12th, 2020 :Called to order at 7:40 pm by Karen :Members present: Eight members present: Karen,...")
 
 
Line 20: Line 20:


== Old Business ==
== Old Business ==
* Spring cleaning (but not gear cleaning) has begun. Clean those springs!
* John wants to make sure that cleaning the space stays on the radar, and Tayeb will look for additional recycling options because Ft Totten is not currently accepting recycling.


== New Business ==
== New Business ==
* Discussing options for 3D printing if people are interested in aiding in the production of face shieldsPlaces are currently looking for face shields and not masks and hospitals usually will tell you what they are looking for.  There was a coordinated organizing effort in Baltimore, but not any well-coordinated efforts close to home.
* Karen -- We want to host online activities at HacDC, to keep us active during the lockdown. Luis may be able to spearhead a "work simultaneously on a project with multiple people"Luis will work with John Pancoast to design a receiver for people to build for the foxhunt.  There could also be a class online to set up an rtl-sdr as the receiver for a foxhunt
* Capture the Flag is a hope for the future but we will wait until we can talk to Tristan
* Matt to lead class on 3D printing. The first class can be a discussion of how to use your 3D printer to print PPE for use by hospitals.  Matt will get in contact with local hospitals to assess need and requirements for helping
* Tayeb will start the deep learning online course soon and it will be managed entirely online this time, allowing more people to join


== [[:Category:Project_Awesome|Project Awesome]] Reports ==
== [[:Category:Project_Awesome|Project Awesome]] Reports ==
Line 42: Line 41:


=== Treasurer's Report ===
=== Treasurer's Report ===
Current balance is $5597.  We are in the black for the last two months because we haven't yet paid rent in April or March.  We are net +3567 in April, net +1000 in MarchWe currently have 19 dues paying members, and we have lost two members (or at least frequent donaters) over the past month.
Current balance is $4700, including Paypal (so all of our assets).  We have 19 paying members currently.  As Don stated, we are far under and we may need to up the membership dues, even though they are already high.  Dues alone only pay for half of our expenses.
 
Once we pay June and May rent, we will have $1440 in our account.   
Matt also recommends doing a drive for PPE, offers to send email to members list
Karen notes that we’ve asked Mike about an easement on rent payments, and we are not seeing donations from people who would normally visit the space so the coronavirus is impacting our cash flow.  
Karen asks if we have a method to tell the difference between a one-time donation and a member.  We want to be able to see if we are losing members when we make the case to the church that we're looking for a break on the rent
We also may still have $1500 in Facebook waiting to be transferred in donations, and there may be funds available for non-profits impacted by the shelter-in-place order.


=== Secretary's Report ===
=== Secretary's Report ===

Latest revision as of 10:51, 16 June 2020


Time and Location

Date: May 12th, 2020
Called to order at 7:40 pm by Karen
Members present: Eight members present: Karen, Tayeb, Kevin, Matt, Obi, John, Ken, and one other member
Members remote: None
Others present:
Quorum
Quorum met? Yes

Approval of Previous Meeting's Minutes

Approved

Recognition

New Members

No new members

Old Business

  • John wants to make sure that cleaning the space stays on the radar, and Tayeb will look for additional recycling options because Ft Totten is not currently accepting recycling.

New Business

  • Karen -- We want to host online activities at HacDC, to keep us active during the lockdown. Luis may be able to spearhead a "work simultaneously on a project with multiple people". Luis will work with John Pancoast to design a receiver for people to build for the foxhunt. There could also be a class online to set up an rtl-sdr as the receiver for a foxhunt
  • Matt to lead class on 3D printing. The first class can be a discussion of how to use your 3D printer to print PPE for use by hospitals. Matt will get in contact with local hospitals to assess need and requirements for helping

Project Awesome Reports

Project HAMRADIO - Jeff

Project Electron Microscope (SEM)

Member Reports

Director Reports (Governance related stuff)

President's Report

Vice President's Report

Treasurer's Report

Current balance is $4700, including Paypal (so all of our assets). We have 19 paying members currently. As Don stated, we are far under and we may need to up the membership dues, even though they are already high. Dues alone only pay for half of our expenses. Once we pay June and May rent, we will have $1440 in our account. Karen notes that we’ve asked Mike about an easement on rent payments, and we are not seeing donations from people who would normally visit the space so the coronavirus is impacting our cash flow. We also may still have $1500 in Facebook waiting to be transferred in donations, and there may be funds available for non-profits impacted by the shelter-in-place order.

Secretary's Report

Director-at-Large Reports

Adjournment

Adjourned by at xxx by xxx