Regular Member Meeting 2020 07 14
From HacDC Wiki
Time and Location
- Date: July 14th, 2020
- Called to order at 7:54 pm by Karen
- Members present: Eight members present: Karen, Tayeb, Kevin, Obi, Luis, Matt, Ken
- Members remote: None
- Others present:
- Quorum met? Yes
Approval of Previous Meeting's Minutes
No new members
- Matt: PPE manufacturing with 3D printers still useful, dropping them off at local community clinics (big hospitals are doing mostly alright now).
- Potential partners with Mount Pleasant Library
- We are looking for opportunities to be more in line with the mission of the church, and find ways to help them. Tayeb proposes an idea of having a TechSupport day offered by HacDC for either the public or church tenants. And volunteers himself for the job
- We have not heard anything new from the District Makers, and are not sure if they are still active in any way. There is potential for setting up a shop in the basement in collaboration with them (maybe give them control).
- Ethan Waldo has agreed to take the SEM and will work out with Don how to pick it up
- How does our mission intersect with Saint Stephens? Ideas:
- Distance learning help for kids -- solicit computer donations to give to kids who don't have access
- Improving computer literacy course
- Participating in distance learning tutoring if that is possible
- Potential for restarting movie-night: streaming or watching simultaneously
Project Awesome Reports
Project HAMRADIO - Jeff
Project Electron Microscope (SEM)
We have a written agreement with the church to pay a reduced rent due to our inability to access the space. We are expected to pay $732 per month for use of the space until meetings of 10 attendees may be held again at the space. If meetings greater than 10 attendees are allowed prior to December 31st 2020, the monthly payment will return to 2017 levels ($1043/month).
No later than December 1st 2020, HacDC and the church will discuss HacDC's new mission, structure, financial model, and plan for increasing membership.
The rent reduction is not to be considered permanent, it is only temporary until the space reopens. However, the level it returns to will be reduced from $1646.
Vice President's Report
Financial Report: Current Balance -- $3832.78 We currently have 18 paying members, $950 from dues and an additional $150 from donations. We have not yet paid July rent, we are waiting for the church's response and will likely be paying a reduced rent soon.
Taxes: We already filed with the IRS, DC no longer requires a 990N form to be filed. Karen and Matt will figure out how to to give Matt Power of Attorney on behalf of HacDC and make sure that we don't need to do anything additional for filing.
Adjourned by at 20:45 by Karen