Actions

Difference between revisions of "Regular Member Meeting 2020 07 14"

From HacDC Wiki

(Created page with "Category:Meeting Minutes {{TOCright}} == Time and Location == :Date: May 12th, 2020 :Called to order at 7:40 pm by Karen :Members present: Eight members present: Karen,...")
 
(Empty template)
Line 2: Line 2:


== Time and Location ==  
== Time and Location ==  
:Date: May 12th, 2020
:Date: July 14th, 2020
:Called to order at 7:40 pm by Karen
:Called to order at 7:45 pm by Karen
:Members present: Eight members present: Karen, Tayeb, Kevin, Matt, Obi, John, Ken, and one other member
:Members present: Eight members present: Karen, Tayeb, Kevin, Obi, Luis, Matt, Ken
:Members remote: None
:Members remote: None
:Others present:  
:Others present:  
Line 10: Line 10:
:: Quorum met? Yes
:: Quorum met? Yes


== Approval of [[Regular Member Meeting 2020 02 11|Previous Meeting's Minutes]] ==
== Approval of [[Regular Member Meeting 2020 06 09|Previous Meeting's Minutes]] ==
Approved
Approved


Line 20: Line 20:


== Old Business ==
== Old Business ==
* John wants to make sure that cleaning the space stays on the radar, and Tayeb will look for additional recycling options because Ft Totten is not currently accepting recycling.
*  


== New Business ==
== New Business ==
* Karen -- We want to host online activities at HacDC, to keep us active during the lockdown.  Luis may be able to spearhead a "work simultaneously on a project with multiple people".  Luis will work with John Pancoast to design a receiver for people to build for the foxhunt.  There could also be a class online to set up an rtl-sdr as the receiver for a foxhunt
*  
* Matt to lead class on 3D printing.  The first class can be a discussion of how to use your 3D printer to print PPE for use by hospitals.  Matt will get in contact with local hospitals to assess need and requirements for helping


== [[:Category:Project_Awesome|Project Awesome]] Reports ==
== [[:Category:Project_Awesome|Project Awesome]] Reports ==
Line 41: Line 40:


=== Treasurer's Report ===
=== Treasurer's Report ===
Current balance is $4700, including Paypal (so all of our assets).  We have 19 paying members currently.  As Don stated, we are far under and we may need to up the membership dues, even though they are already high.  Dues alone only pay for half of our expenses.
 
Once we pay June and May rent, we will have $1440 in our account. 
Karen notes that we’ve asked Mike about an easement on rent payments, and we are not seeing donations from people who would normally visit the space so the coronavirus is impacting our cash flow.
We also may still have $1500 in Facebook waiting to be transferred in donations, and there may be funds available for non-profits impacted by the shelter-in-place order.


=== Secretary's Report ===
=== Secretary's Report ===

Revision as of 15:42, 14 July 2020


Time and Location

Date: July 14th, 2020
Called to order at 7:45 pm by Karen
Members present: Eight members present: Karen, Tayeb, Kevin, Obi, Luis, Matt, Ken
Members remote: None
Others present:
Quorum
Quorum met? Yes

Approval of Previous Meeting's Minutes

Approved

Recognition

New Members

No new members

Old Business

New Business

Project Awesome Reports

Project HAMRADIO - Jeff

Project Electron Microscope (SEM)

Member Reports

Director Reports (Governance related stuff)

President's Report

Vice President's Report

Treasurer's Report

Secretary's Report

Director-at-Large Reports

Adjournment

Adjourned by at xxx by xxx