Actions

Regular Member Meeting 2020 09 08

From HacDC Wiki

Revision as of 16:26, 8 September 2020 by Tark (talk | contribs) (update3)


Time and Location

Date: September 8th, 2020
Called to order at 7:35 pm by Karen
Members present: (7) Karen, Ken, Obioma, John, Matt, Ken, Brian
Members remote: None
Others present:
Quorum
Quorum met? Yes

Approval of Previous Meeting's Minutes

Approved

Recognition

John Pancoast for facilitating the lock change and interfacing with Mike

Don Jones for acquiring the new lock for HacDC

New Members

No new members

Old Business

  • Tayeb: Successful HacDC Software Defined Radio meetup! Going to continue on September 23rd, this time by posting ahead of time all of the GNURadio flowgraphs
  • We have not heard anything new from the District Makers, and are not sure if they are still active in any way. There is potential for setting up a shop in the basement in collaboration with them (maybe give them control). Eugene sent email, Tayeb sent back email offering dates for zoom call (Tue, Wed, Thur first week of September) but heard no response. After calling, we are now planning on meeting with Eugene September 22nd at 6pm
  • Brian: Looked to fix network issues to allow full remote operation of Ham Radio station. Will need to interface with the IT person from St Stephens. Ethan Waldo volunteered to help fix this, Don and Mike were able to work to fix this so it should work now

New Business

  • Karen and John to meet and install the new HacDC door lock, and then email the membership with the new information to access the space
  • Brian and John: Possibility of charging for remote use of the Ham Radio Station for non-members. A significant amount of work needed on the roof of HacDC that has a non-zero cost. To ponder for a month: where should the revenue go? To HacDC directly, the Ham Radio Club (a separate 501c3) or a mixture of both?
  • Kevin: Is there a possibility of making the servers available to HacDC members? Tayeb volunteers himself to try initial setup of the servers

Project Awesome Reports

Project HAMRADIO - Jeff

Project Electron Microscope (SEM)

Member Reports

Director Reports (Governance related stuff)

President's Report

Vice President's Report

Treasurer's Report

Financial Report: Current Balance -- $4036 We currently have 17 paying members, $930 from dues and an additional $390 from donations. Rent is $732 for September, total expenses are $793

Lost one member at the $20 level, Gyroscope Films.

Insurance information: Medical Expenses: $5000 Each Occurence: $500,000 General Aggregate: $1,000,000 Business Property: $3900 Products: $1,000,000

Secretary's Report

Director-at-Large Reports

Adjournment

Adjourned by at 20:45 by Karen