Regular Member Meeting 2020 10 13

From HacDC Wiki

Time and Location

Date: October 13th, 2020
Called to order at 7:35 pm by Karen
Members present: (7) Karen, Ken, Luis, John, Matt, Ken, Tayeb
Members remote: None
Others present:
Quorum met? Yes

Approval of Previous Meeting's Minutes



New Members

No new members

Old Business

  • Tayeb: Successful HacDC Software Defined Radio meetup! Going to continue on September 23rd, this time by posting ahead of time all of the GNURadio flowgraphs -- re-upped
  • We have not heard anything new from the District Makers, and are not sure if they are still active in any way. There is potential for setting up a shop in the basement in collaboration with them (maybe give them control). Eugene sent email, Tayeb sent back email offering dates for zoom call (Tue, Wed, Thur first week of September) but heard no response. After calling, we are now planning on meeting with Eugene September 22nd at 6pm -- We met! No areas of overlap for collaboration sadly and we will check back in a while with Eugene
  • Brian: Looked to fix network issues to allow full remote operation of Ham Radio station. Will need to interface with the IT person from St Stephens. Ethan Waldo volunteered to help fix this, Don and Mike were able to work to fix this so it should work now -- Internet connection is likely fixed, modifications needed to make it remote operable
  • Karen and John to meet and install the new HacDC door lock, and then email the membership with the new information to access the space -- Karen replaced the lock!
  • Brian and John: Possibility of charging for remote use of the Ham Radio Station for non-members. A significant amount of work needed on the roof of HacDC that has a non-zero cost. To ponder for a month: where should the revenue go? To HacDC directly, the Ham Radio Club (a separate 501c3) or a mixture of both?
  • Kevin: Is there a possibility of making the servers available to HacDC members? Tayeb volunteers himself to try initial setup of the servers

New Business

  • John: Time of year to talk to Mike about the future years rent situation -- should we reach out to Mike or wait for him to reach out to us?
  • Tayeb: Hosting monthly SDR meetups, one software synthesizer meetup in December -- both posted on Meetup
  • John: What might be some events that would introduce them to the club that would bring people in? Getting a laser cutter -- earmark money perhaps -- Karen volunteers to reach out to Mike

Project Awesome Reports

Project HAMRADIO - Jeff

Project Electron Microscope (SEM)

Member Reports

Director Reports (Governance related stuff)

President's Report

Vice President's Report

Treasurer's Report

Financial Report: Current Balance -- $4935 We currently have 17 paying members, $870 from dues and an additional $370 from donations. Rent is $732 for September, total expenses are $793

HacDC Amateur Radio Club to itemize the costs of their equipment to add to the insurance.

Secretary's Report

Director-at-Large Reports


Adjourned by at 20:38 by Karen