Actions

Difference between revisions of "Regular Member Meeting 2020 11 17"

From HacDC Wiki

(First edit)
 
(Update minutes)
Line 2: Line 2:


== Time and Location ==  
== Time and Location ==  
:Date: October 13th, 2020
:Date: November 17th, 2020
:Called to order at 7:35 pm by Karen
:Called to order at 7:35 pm by Karen
:Members present: (7) Karen, Ken, Luis, John, Matt, Ken, Tayeb
:Members present: (7) Karen, Ken, Luis, Matt, Ken, Tayeb, Kevin
:Members remote: None
:Members remote: None
:Others present:  
:Others present:  
Line 10: Line 10:
:: Quorum met? Yes
:: Quorum met? Yes


== Approval of [[Regular Member Meeting 2020 08 18|Previous Meeting's Minutes]] ==
== Approval of [[Regular Member Meeting 2020 10 13|Previous Meeting's Minutes]] ==
Approved
Approved


== Recognition ==
== Recognition ==


== New Members ==
== New Members ==
Line 23: Line 21:
* Tayeb: Successful HacDC Software Defined Radio meetup! Going to continue on September 23rd, this time by posting ahead of time all of the GNURadio flowgraphs -- re-upped  
* Tayeb: Successful HacDC Software Defined Radio meetup! Going to continue on September 23rd, this time by posting ahead of time all of the GNURadio flowgraphs -- re-upped  


* We have not heard anything new from the District Makers, and are not sure if they are still active in any way.  There is potential for setting up a shop in the basement in collaboration with them (maybe give them control). Eugene sent email, Tayeb sent back email offering dates for zoom call (Tue, Wed, Thur first week of September) but heard no response. After calling, we are now planning on meeting with Eugene September 22nd at 6pm -- We met! No areas of overlap for collaboration sadly and we will check back in a while with Eugene
== New Business ==
* Tayeb: Keep Meetup updated (members meeting)


* Brian: Looked to fix network issues to allow full remote operation of Ham Radio station. Will need to interface with the IT person from St Stephens. Ethan Waldo volunteered to help fix this, Don and Mike were able to work to fix this so it should work now -- Internet connection is likely fixed, modifications needed to make it remote operable
* Laptop distribution and acquisition to DCPS (could use some of the space in the church for an event if we need) invite people to come to us to donate and help -- possibly install Raspberry Pi OS. Reach out to Mike -- does he know of any organization that we could connect with, who is doing pods? Raspberry Pi 400? Look into this for seeing if possible to acquire -- Action item email for Mike to be written by Tayeb


* Karen and John to meet and install the new HacDC door lock, and then email the membership with the new information to access the space -- Karen replaced the lock!
* Tayeb: Adding software synthesizer meetup in mid-December


* Brian and John: Possibility of charging for remote use of the Ham Radio Station for non-members. A significant amount of work needed on the roof of HacDC that has a non-zero cost. To ponder for a month: where should the revenue go? To HacDC directly, the Ham Radio Club (a separate 501c3) or a mixture of both?
* John: Time of year to talk to Mike about the future years rent situation -- should we reach out to Mike or wait for him to reach out to us?


* Kevin: Is there a possibility of making the servers available to HacDC members? Tayeb volunteers himself to try initial setup of the servers
* Ken: We should capitalize on the outreach efforts we have made -- reach out to Dorothy at the Nation of Makers, Ken to send email to reach out
 
https://twitter.com/makercaucus
Yuri Beckelman
Deputy Chief of Staff
Office of Congressman Mark Takano (CA-41)
 
Trey Lathe <
trey@nomcon.org
>
 
Official Twitter handle of the Congressional Maker Caucus CoChairs😡RepTimRyan
@SusanWBrooks
@RepMarkTakano
@RepSteveStivers


== New Business ==
* John: Time of year to talk to Mike about the future years rent situation -- should we reach out to Mike or wait for him to reach out to us?


* Tayeb: Hosting monthly SDR meetups, one software synthesizer meetup in December -- both posted on Meetup


* John: What might be some events that would introduce them to the club that would bring people in? Getting a laser cutter -- earmark money perhaps -- Karen volunteers to reach out to Mike
* Kevin: Is there a possibility of making the servers available to HacDC members? Tayeb volunteers himself to try initial setup of the servers sometime in the month of December! Reach out to Ethan Waldo


== [[:Category:Project_Awesome|Project Awesome]] Reports ==
== [[:Category:Project_Awesome|Project Awesome]] Reports ==
Line 56: Line 66:
=== Treasurer's Report ===
=== Treasurer's Report ===
Financial Report:
Financial Report:
Current Balance -- $4935
Current Balance -- $5495
We currently have 17 paying members, $870 from dues and an additional $370 from donations.  Rent is $732 for September, total expenses are $793
We currently have 16 paying members, $870 from dues and an additional $370 from donations.  Rent is $732 for September, total expenses are $793


HacDC Amateur Radio Club to itemize the costs of their equipment to add to the insurance.
HacDC Amateur Radio Club to itemize the costs of their equipment to add to the insurance -- Matt: Someone from the Ham Radio Club to talk to him so that the insurance can be updated
Karen to send Matt the email of a member who may be falling off the membership rolls


=== Secretary's Report ===
=== Secretary's Report ===

Revision as of 17:31, 17 November 2020


Time and Location

Date: November 17th, 2020
Called to order at 7:35 pm by Karen
Members present: (7) Karen, Ken, Luis, Matt, Ken, Tayeb, Kevin
Members remote: None
Others present:
Quorum
Quorum met? Yes

Approval of Previous Meeting's Minutes

Approved

Recognition

New Members

No new members

Old Business

  • Tayeb: Successful HacDC Software Defined Radio meetup! Going to continue on September 23rd, this time by posting ahead of time all of the GNURadio flowgraphs -- re-upped

New Business

  • Tayeb: Keep Meetup updated (members meeting)
  • Laptop distribution and acquisition to DCPS (could use some of the space in the church for an event if we need) invite people to come to us to donate and help -- possibly install Raspberry Pi OS. Reach out to Mike -- does he know of any organization that we could connect with, who is doing pods? Raspberry Pi 400? Look into this for seeing if possible to acquire -- Action item email for Mike to be written by Tayeb
  • Tayeb: Adding software synthesizer meetup in mid-December
  • John: Time of year to talk to Mike about the future years rent situation -- should we reach out to Mike or wait for him to reach out to us?
  • Ken: We should capitalize on the outreach efforts we have made -- reach out to Dorothy at the Nation of Makers, Ken to send email to reach out

https://twitter.com/makercaucus Yuri Beckelman Deputy Chief of Staff Office of Congressman Mark Takano (CA-41)

Trey Lathe < trey@nomcon.org >

Official Twitter handle of the Congressional Maker Caucus CoChairs😡RepTimRyan

@SusanWBrooks
@RepMarkTakano
@RepSteveStivers


  • Kevin: Is there a possibility of making the servers available to HacDC members? Tayeb volunteers himself to try initial setup of the servers sometime in the month of December! Reach out to Ethan Waldo

Project Awesome Reports

Project HAMRADIO - Jeff

Project Electron Microscope (SEM)

Member Reports

Director Reports (Governance related stuff)

President's Report

Vice President's Report

Treasurer's Report

Financial Report: Current Balance -- $5495 We currently have 16 paying members, $870 from dues and an additional $370 from donations. Rent is $732 for September, total expenses are $793

HacDC Amateur Radio Club to itemize the costs of their equipment to add to the insurance -- Matt: Someone from the Ham Radio Club to talk to him so that the insurance can be updated Karen to send Matt the email of a member who may be falling off the membership rolls

Secretary's Report

Director-at-Large Reports

Adjournment

Adjourned by at 20:38 by Karen