Difference between revisions of "Regular Member Meeting 2021 06 08"

From HacDC Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Line 2: Line 2:
  
 
== Time and Location ==  
 
== Time and Location ==  
:Date: May 11th 2021
+
:Date: July 13th 2021
 
:Called to order at 7:36 pm by ????
 
:Called to order at 7:36 pm by ????
 
:Members present:  
 
:Members present:  
Line 18: Line 18:
  
 
== Old Business ==
 
== Old Business ==
* Pro RecycleWorks collaboration -- will visit their facility in late May/beginning of June with Kevin, Tayeb, and Sanjay (+ maybe others) -- Update haven't heard back but will follow up, Kevin will discuss
 
 
 
* Food Kitchen -- Karen has been there, group volunteering possible. Likely in two weeks Saturday morning (9am-12pm) -- Update: No spots available for Saturday until August, have inquired directly to find other ways to help if necessary
 
* Food Kitchen -- Karen has been there, group volunteering possible. Likely in two weeks Saturday morning (9am-12pm) -- Update: No spots available for Saturday until August, have inquired directly to find other ways to help if necessary
  
 
* Karen -- Talked to Tristan, thought he could do CTF online, interested in doing a different game from the website to change it up. He was ready to go Karen suggested that we should do a test first. Tristan could use someone to help with the admin (Meetup/promotion) and the help during the event. Gabe volunteers to do one in the next two weeks sometime (21st/22nd of May?)
 
* Karen -- Talked to Tristan, thought he could do CTF online, interested in doing a different game from the website to change it up. He was ready to go Karen suggested that we should do a test first. Tristan could use someone to help with the admin (Meetup/promotion) and the help during the event. Gabe volunteers to do one in the next two weeks sometime (21st/22nd of May?)
 
* Gabe -- Kaggle competition for finding alien signals in synthetic SETI data. Could be an additional meetup, could be a component of the open project night. https://www.kaggle.com/c/seti-breakthrough-listen/overview/description
 
  
 
* Tayeb -- Monthly Sentiment Survey results discussion -- will request that members be vaccinated before coming to the space -- Updated guidelines sent to board for discussion at this meeting
 
* Tayeb -- Monthly Sentiment Survey results discussion -- will request that members be vaccinated before coming to the space -- Updated guidelines sent to board for discussion at this meeting
  
== New Business ==
 
 
* Tayeb -- First HacDC in-person/hybrid event to be scheduled for next Monday -- Proposed guidelines for space usage are as follows:  
 
* Tayeb -- First HacDC in-person/hybrid event to be scheduled for next Monday -- Proposed guidelines for space usage are as follows:  
  
Line 38: Line 33:
 
One idea that I discussed was the purchase of an air purifier for the space -- there is evidence that a HEPA filter can catch covid. This may not be fully necessary for covid-safety, but it seemed like an idea with other great positive externalities like reducing VOCs from soldering and ventilating the space better. Links: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BWYO2PM, https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BWYO3X8
 
One idea that I discussed was the purchase of an air purifier for the space -- there is evidence that a HEPA filter can catch covid. This may not be fully necessary for covid-safety, but it seemed like an idea with other great positive externalities like reducing VOCs from soldering and ventilating the space better. Links: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BWYO2PM, https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BWYO3X8
  
* Twilio Account -- admin@hacdc.org list cleaned up, Tayeb will reset Twilio account next week to check and make sure that the phone number still functions
+
== New Business ==
 +
 
 +
* Twilio Account -- admin@hacdc.org list cleaned up, Tayeb will reset Twilio account next week to check and make sure that the phone number still functions -- need to convene with Kevin to discuss authentication, will meet this coming Sunday
 +
 
 +
* Pro RecycleWorks collaboration -- will visit their facility in late May/beginning of June with Kevin, Tayeb, and Sanjay (+ maybe others) -- Update haven't heard back but will follow up, Kevin will discuss
  
  

Revision as of 15:23, 13 July 2021


Time and Location

Date: July 13th 2021
Called to order at 7:36 pm by ????
Members present:
Members remote:
Others present:
Quorum
Quorum met?

Approval of Previous Meeting's Minutes

Recognition

  • Open Project Night -- everyone who showed up and Gabe for hosting!

New Members

Old Business

  • Food Kitchen -- Karen has been there, group volunteering possible. Likely in two weeks Saturday morning (9am-12pm) -- Update: No spots available for Saturday until August, have inquired directly to find other ways to help if necessary
  • Karen -- Talked to Tristan, thought he could do CTF online, interested in doing a different game from the website to change it up. He was ready to go Karen suggested that we should do a test first. Tristan could use someone to help with the admin (Meetup/promotion) and the help during the event. Gabe volunteers to do one in the next two weeks sometime (21st/22nd of May?)
  • Tayeb -- Monthly Sentiment Survey results discussion -- will request that members be vaccinated before coming to the space -- Updated guidelines sent to board for discussion at this meeting
  • Tayeb -- First HacDC in-person/hybrid event to be scheduled for next Monday -- Proposed guidelines for space usage are as follows:
   -- Masks are required within the church common spaces and the HacDC space
   -- We expect that you are vaccinated if you visit the space
   -- Ensure the AC units in the window are running to ensure better ventilation
   -- We are keeping a 5 person limit for events for now

One idea that I discussed was the purchase of an air purifier for the space -- there is evidence that a HEPA filter can catch covid. This may not be fully necessary for covid-safety, but it seemed like an idea with other great positive externalities like reducing VOCs from soldering and ventilating the space better. Links: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BWYO2PM, https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BWYO3X8

New Business

  • Twilio Account -- admin@hacdc.org list cleaned up, Tayeb will reset Twilio account next week to check and make sure that the phone number still functions -- need to convene with Kevin to discuss authentication, will meet this coming Sunday
  • Pro RecycleWorks collaboration -- will visit their facility in late May/beginning of June with Kevin, Tayeb, and Sanjay (+ maybe others) -- Update haven't heard back but will follow up, Kevin will discuss


Project Awesome Reports

Project SUPPLIES - Mirage

Project EXPANSION - Mirage

Project HAMRADIO - Jeff

Project Electron Microscope (SEM) - Julia

Project Optical Table Robot (OTR) - Julia

Project CRISPR -Enrique

- Report and updates

Project SpaceBlimp -Enrique

- Report and updates

Project Media Outreach - Matt

Project IT Infrastructure - Tom

Member Reports

Director Reports (Governance related stuff)

President's Report

Our ongoing plan with the church for reduced rent during Covid is coming to an end. After discussing with Mike, we will be stepping the rent back up now that 10 or more individuals are allowed in the physical space. The rent will be stepped up in July and then September again.

Vice President's Report

Treasurer's Report

Secretary's Report

Director-at-Large Reports

???

???

Adjournment

Adjourned by ???