Regular Member Meeting 2021 06 08
From HacDC Wiki
Time and Location
- Date: May 11th 2021
- Called to order at 7:36 pm by ????
- Members present:
- Members remote:
- Others present:
- Quorum met?
Approval of Previous Meeting's Minutes
- Open Project Night -- everyone who showed up and Gabe for hosting!
- Pro RecycleWorks collaboration -- will visit their facility in late May/beginning of June with Kevin, Tayeb, and Sanjay (+ maybe others) -- Update haven't heard back but will follow up, Kevin will discuss
- Food Kitchen -- Karen has been there, group volunteering possible. Likely in two weeks Saturday morning (9am-12pm) -- Update: No spots available for Saturday until August, have inquired directly to find other ways to help if necessary
- Karen -- Talked to Tristan, thought he could do CTF online, interested in doing a different game from the website to change it up. He was ready to go Karen suggested that we should do a test first. Tristan could use someone to help with the admin (Meetup/promotion) and the help during the event. Gabe volunteers to do one in the next two weeks sometime (21st/22nd of May?)
- Gabe -- Kaggle competition for finding alien signals in synthetic SETI data. Could be an additional meetup, could be a component of the open project night. https://www.kaggle.com/c/seti-breakthrough-listen/overview/description
- Tayeb -- Monthly Sentiment Survey results discussion -- will request that members be vaccinated before coming to the space -- Updated guidelines sent to board for discussion at this meeting
- Tayeb -- First HacDC in-person event to be scheduled for next Monday -- Proposed guidelines for space usage are as follows:
-- Masks are required within the church common spaces and the HacDC space -- We expect that you are vaccinated if you visit the space -- Ensure the AC units in the window are running to ensure better ventilation -- We are keeping a 5 person limit for events for now
One idea that I discussed was the purchase of an air purifier for the space -- there is evidence that a HEPA filter can catch covid. This may not be fully necessary for covid-safety, but it seemed like an idea with other great positive externalities like reducing VOCs from soldering and ventilating the space better.
Project Awesome Reports
Project SUPPLIES - Mirage
Project EXPANSION - Mirage
Project HAMRADIO - Jeff
Project Electron Microscope (SEM) - Julia
Project Optical Table Robot (OTR) - Julia
Project CRISPR -Enrique
- Report and updates
Project SpaceBlimp -Enrique
- Report and updates
Project Media Outreach - Matt
Project IT Infrastructure - Tom
Vice President's Report
Adjourned by ???