Regular Member Meeting 2021 06 08
From HacDC Wiki
Time and Location
- Date: June 8th 2021
- Called to order at 7:36 pm by ????
- Members present:
- Members remote:
- Others present:
- Quorum met?
Approval of Previous Meeting's Minutes
- Open Project Night -- everyone who showed up and Gabe for hosting!
- Food Kitchen -- Karen has been there, group volunteering possible. Likely in two weeks Saturday morning (9am-12pm) -- Update: No spots available for Saturday until August, have inquired directly to find other ways to help if necessary
- Karen -- Talked to Tristan, thought he could do CTF online, interested in doing a different game from the website to change it up. He was ready to go Karen suggested that we should do a test first. Tristan could use someone to help with the admin (Meetup/promotion) and the help during the event. Gabe volunteers to do one in the next two weeks sometime (21st/22nd of May?)
- Tayeb -- Monthly Sentiment Survey results discussion -- will request that members be vaccinated before coming to the space -- Updated guidelines sent to board for discussion at this meeting
- Tayeb -- First HacDC in-person/hybrid event to be scheduled for next Monday -- Proposed guidelines for space usage are as follows:
-- Masks are required within the church common spaces and the HacDC space -- We expect that you are vaccinated if you visit the space -- Ensure the AC units in the window are running to ensure better ventilation -- We are keeping a 5 person limit for events for now
One idea that I discussed was the purchase of an air purifier for the space -- there is evidence that a HEPA filter can catch covid. This may not be fully necessary for covid-safety, but it seemed like an idea with other great positive externalities like reducing VOCs from soldering and ventilating the space better. Links: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00BWYO2PM, https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BWYO3X8
Project Awesome Reports
Project SUPPLIES - Mirage
Project EXPANSION - Mirage
Project HAMRADIO - Jeff
Project Electron Microscope (SEM) - Julia
Project Optical Table Robot (OTR) - Julia
Project CRISPR -Enrique
- Report and updates
Project SpaceBlimp -Enrique
- Report and updates
Project Media Outreach - Matt
Project IT Infrastructure - Tom
Our ongoing plan with the church for reduced rent during Covid is coming to an end. After discussing with Mike, we will be stepping the rent back up now that 10 or more individuals are allowed in the physical space. The rent will be stepped up in July and then September again.
Vice President's Report
Adjourned by ???