Regular Member Meeting 2021 07 13
From HacDC Wiki
Revision as of 16:44, 13 July 2021 by Msavage
Time and Location
- Date: July 13th 2021
- Called to order at 7:34 pm by Tayeb
- Members present: Matt, Michelle, Tayeb,
- Members remote:
- Others present:
- Quorum met?
Approval of Previous Meeting's Minutes
- Open Project Night -- everyone who showed up and Gabe for hosting!
- Tristian -- for hosting Capture The Flag event!
- Pro RecycleWorks collaboration -- weekend of July 10th Philly Trip (Kevin, Ken, Tayeb) met up with Sanjay (formerly in DC); met with Maurice and saw electronic recycling facility (he has small warehouse facility, truck, many paid assistants who are formerly incarcerated); hard disk drives, cd drives, etc; charges for the waste leftover. What could HacDC offer them? Very introductory programming classes. Kevin and Tayeb will work to teach some intro programming.
- Food Kitchen -- Karen has been there, group volunteering possible. Likely in two weeks Saturday morning (9am-12pm) -- Update: No spots available for Saturday until August, have inquired directly to find other ways to help if necessary
- Karen -- Talked to Tristan, thought he could do CTF online, interested in doing a different game from the website to change it up. He was ready to go Karen suggested that we should do a test first. Tristan could use someone to help with the admin (Meetup/promotion) and the help during the event. Gabe volunteers to do one in the next two weeks sometime (21st/22nd of May?)
- Gabe -- Kaggle competition for finding alien signals in synthetic SETI data. Could be an additional meetup, could be a component of the open project night. https://www.kaggle.com/c/seti-breakthrough-listen/overview/description
- Tayeb -- Monthly Sentiment Survey results discussion -- will request that members be vaccinated before coming to the space -- Updated guidelines sent to board for discussion at this meeting
- Twilio Account -- email@example.com list cleaned up, Tayeb will reset Twilio account next week to check and make sure that the phone number still functions -- need to convene with Kevin to discuss authentication, will meet this coming Sunday
- Pro RecycleWorks collaboration -- will visit their facility in late May/beginning of June with Kevin, Tayeb, and Sanjay (+ maybe others) -- Update haven't heard back but will follow up, Kevin will discuss
Project Awesome Reports
Project SUPPLIES - Mirage
Project EXPANSION - Mirage
Project HAMRADIO - Jeff
Project Electron Microscope (SEM) - Julia
Project Optical Table Robot (OTR) - Julia
Project CRISPR -Enrique
- Report and updates
Project SpaceBlimp -Enrique
- Report and updates
Project Media Outreach - Matt
Project IT Infrastructure - Tom
Vice President's Report
Adjourned by ???