Regular Member Meeting 2022 03 08
From HacDC Wiki
Time and Location
- Date Tue 8 Mar 2022
- Called to order at ??? pm by ???
- Members present:
- Members remote:
- Others present:
- Quorum met?
Approval of Previous Meeting's Minutes
- Wiki-Website Re-Design - the Unified Data Team launched new Wiki and new Website for purpose of unifying two platforms, minimizing duplicate information, focusing sites for particular audiences. In regards to the WordPress Admin, do all 31 users still need access?
- ECE Conference on March 25 - annual conference hosted by Electrical and Computer Engineering Department Head Association (ECEDHA) this year in New Orleans LA invited Tayeb and Michelle to speak on hackerspace-related panels (yay! we found panelists). Goals: promote HacDC, find well-resourced partners, represent HacDC well.
- FurnishHopeDC - Bobby says, "this seems like it might be a good group for HacDC to get involved with (providing & fixing computers and possibly building furniture out of scrap wood"
- Workspace Opening Up - status update
- Resources for Instructors - on website, could include: list of tools available to instructors and process for requesting access (Zoom, Google Groups). How are Tristan/Ethan doing with Jitsi?
- UpCycled - Mario in touch with Orlando on potential collaboration related to recycling; see past fundraiser.
- Farm Hack - Michelle interest in non-profit of farmers who hack things together to promote sustainable agriculture, maybe invite leadership to talk for 5 minutes
- Nancy Wolfson email - "I Co-coordinated the SpaceBlimp 7 with a fantastic team (you)" SpaceBlimp.org
Project Awesome Reports
Project SUPPLIES - ???
Project EXPANSION - ???
Project HAMRADIO - ???
Project Electron Microscope (SEM) - ???
Project Media Outreach - ???
- "bike lights" project - Tayeb wants to get a community grant (see Rep. Mary Cheh bike enthusiast on social media). Detail on what grant will cover.
- Newsletter - status update? Are we going with Medium?
Project IT Infrastructure - ???
- Website Redesign - status update:
- added Events Calendar to Home Page & GDPR cookie
- want to add "Access & Covid Policy" Page to website to direct inquiries to
Vice President's Report
- HacDC WorkRoom Safety & Security:
- Waiver. Hold harmless agreement for existing and new members.
- Safety Instruction. Training class for existing and new members. Short-term: documentation and videos on website. Long-term: an online Learning Management System (LMS) like Video Lessons Plugin or other LMS plugins on WordPress
- Room monitoring systems. Possible solutions: room occupancy, room safety monitoring, timed entrance, air quality monitoring (ie. return Ken's Air Quality monitors)
- City of DC Safety & Security:
- Christine: HacDC ham radio club is active in emergency communications, assisted on the Women's March and is organizing an emergency response group. There is also CERT training given by the city
Adjourned by at ??? by ???