Resource Use Policy
HacDC makes resources available for member and community use. HacDC must ensure that these resources are used responsibly and within any applicable guidelines set down by suppliers of those resources.
Space Use Policy
(This will require some extensive discussion)
Tools & Equipment Use Policy
Bring your tools
- If you're a member, bring your tools and equipment!
- Consider donating some tools to HacDC for everyone's use. Let the Minister of Finance know if you donate a tool!
- If you want to leave a tool for general use, but retain ownership, CLEARLY LABEL it as your property, via engraving or permanent marker.
- If you do not want people using a tool of yours, you must lock it up somewhere.
- Every tool must have a designated storage space.
Use Tools Responsibly
- SAFETY FIRST. Always use all applicable safety equipment whenever using a tool
- Tools labelled "HacDC" are for all member use at all times. Do not hog tools!
- Tool owners have first priority use over their tools at all times, even if left out for public use. Be considerate of those loaning you their tools!
- If you don't know how to use a tool, don't use it until someone shows you how.
- NEVER use a power tool unless you are specifically authorized and trained to use one.
- If you need specific authorization to use a tool, get that authorization before using it.
- If you break a tool, let the owner know
- If you break a HacDC tool, write email@example.com with specifics on what happened.
- If you break a privately owned tool, contact the owner.
Put Tools Away
- Return every tool and piece of equipment to its proper SAFE position when finished.
- If you get a tool or piece of equipment dirty, clean it.
- Every tool must be put away when finished.
Inventory Use Policy
Feel free to donate food or beverages to HacDC! However, if you use them (or after you've donated them), please pay the standard price for all drinks/etc that you consume. Coffee is the only exception to this rule.
Purchased parts come from the HacDC General Fund. Members agree to do "bulk buys" of parts that many projects at HacDC can use. Sometimes the components are much more cheaply purchased in batches of 100s or 1000s. The use of purchased parts requires:
- Specific active project status
- Periodic reports to the Inventory Bot of parts used
- Willingness to do project fundraising or reimburse the general fund if funding for that project is or becomes available.
Purchased parts MAY NOT be used for personal or commercial projects.
Donated parts come from:
- Donors (people who give us stuff)
- Equipment (i.e. salvaged from non-working equipment in the bone yard)
- Other projects or purchased parts no longer actively carried in inventory.
These parts will be used in the following priority:
- An active project that salvages, donates or otherwise acquires the part
- Other active projects
- Set aside for other projects, with a defined expiration date
- Other non-profit or eligible organizations who require salvaged parts
- Any other use where salvaged parts shall be immediately used and diverted from the waste stream
- Recycled (when no useful purpose can be found)
Internet Use Policy
(When we get Internet, that AUP will go here)