Single Expenditure and Reimbursement Policy
From HacDC Wiki
Single expenditures are important to the operation of HacDC and its Events and Projects. However, multiple single-expenditures that are really outlays for a particular Event or Project, form a defacto ad-hoc budget. These de-facto ad-hoc budgets can become quite large and Membership only can only know how large, after the fact. Ad-hoc defacto budgets can easily consume most of the HacDC funds and push-back other Events or Projects that require real budgets. Real budgets are burdened by approval whereas ad-hoc defacto budgets do not require approval, even though they can theoretically spend as much funds as a real budget.
- Lower the limit of single expenditures to $100 and record the expenditures in the weekley finance report and require pre-approval for reimbursements over $100
- HacDC members are able to execute single expenditures
- Any quickly organized Event/Project that attempts to use multiple single-expenditures as a defacto ad-hoc budget would be limited from doing so.
- HacDC members would be informed at least once a week as to what single expenditures have been executed
- Depletion of HacDC funds by defacto ad-hoc budgets would be limited
- Single Expenditures would be limited in purpose for providing one-shot low cost resources (food, soda, etc) for Events and Projects
- Quickly organized events would require the organizers to get approval from HacDC membership for funding beyond single expenditures
- Quickly organized space building/storage infrastructure improvements would require the organizers to get approval from HacDC membership for funding beyond single expenditures
- Quickly organized Projects over $100 in total costs would require the organizer to get approval from HacDC membership for funding beyond single expenditures
- Quickly organized projects that may require reimbursements to be implemented would require the organizers to get approval from HacDC membership.
The following Administrative Policy is submitted for discussion:
- Single Expenditures
- Single expenditures under $100 do not require approval
- Single expenditures that are $100 or over, require approval by quorum of the voting membership.
- All single expenditures must be recorded by the Minster of Finance in the weekly Finance Report as a line item that shows the day, amount, and purpose of the expenditure.
- Reimbursements over $100 require pre-approval by quorum of the voting membership.