From HacDC Wiki
Due to an increasing membership and limited space, HacDC has decided to start looking into new space. The monthly surplus is adding up and will eventually result in enough savings to make moving possible. Also, 501c3 status will help in the negotiation of a lower rent, and that is coming up sooner or later.
Below, please add your comments on requirements for the new space, space viewings, or space listings that seem interesting and should be viewed.
NOTE: For properties, please add google map link, address, rent info, photos, and contact info if available.
Requirements for new space
- Budget: $1000 - $1500
- Size: 1500+ sq ft
- Layout: Warehouse or light industrial space. Need a conference/meeting room (400+ sq ft), workshop area, bathroom and possibly a kitchen (see below). Access to a big open space for large events is a plus.
- Power: Several circuits so we can use machine shop tools.
- Internet services available: Better than DSL hopefully!
- Accessibility (wheelchair, etc):
- Location (mass transit, etc): Several people have suggested locating near New York Ave metro station on IRC.
- Water/Bathroom: Elliot, Serge and Jason prefer no kitchen. Obscurite prefers a kitchen (cooking is hacking)! Part of the issue has to do with people leaving dirty dishes behind and creating busywork for others, as well as general general sanitation issues.
- Sound proofing/noise:
- Lease terms:
- 24/7 access
- Roof access (antenna)