Stereoscan Operators Log
Jump to navigation Jump to search
While repairing, maintaining, or using the Stereoscan S200 SEM, please add notes here. Newest at top.
- To help keep a TCO log, I am noting that research on replacement electronics systems cost 5 hours. Mirage335 (talk) 17:14, 3 April 2014 (PDT)
- From Tim: the red vacuum gauge sticking out of the back of the chamber is a cold cathode vacuum gauge. They're pretty reliable, but it could fail to read vacuum, indicating it needs to be cleaned. Plasma (talk) 13:07, 2 April 2014 (PDT)
- The following steps need to be performed on the Edwards roughing pump:
- Replace the oil
- Inspect and clean the inlet-filter
- Clean or replace the gas-ballast filters
- Clean the motor fan-cover
- Test the motor condition
Refer to pg. 38 of the user instruction manual
- Use ~~~~ to automatically sign edits with username, date, and time. Mirage335 (talk) 08:21, 1 April 2014 (PDT)
- March 31st: Cleaned the plinth and took photographs of the vacuum components. Available here. -Dan K.
Oil diffusionTurbo molecular pump was hanging due to the lip falling out of the rubber suspension. Could be cleaned and probably popped back in.
- Broken switch on roughing pump was bypassed internally. Plugging in the outlet should activate the pump. (This pump normally runs 24/7 when the machine is operational.)
- Compressed air needed to get more dust out
- March 30th: Moving complete! The SEM is now in the workshop
- March 29th: Awaiting pick-up and installation (March 29th and 30th).
- March 23rd: A space in the workshop has been cleared. Photo: http://i.imgur.com/BDNWL5z.jpg