From HacDC Wiki
I'd like to learn...
- Practical crypto, since we should all be signing our email. -- Myself 23:41, 27 July 2008 (UTC)
- How to use oscilloscopes. Tfine 17:43, 30 January 2009 (UTC)
- how to securely destroy a hard drive, with on-site tools and guided instruction -Rodney
- Introduction to Computer Forensics, with a hands-on demonstration with tools and techniques
- FPGA/CPLD programming with Verilog. (Yes, I know "programming" isn't technically accurate).
- Thru-hole and SMT soldering techniques.
- How to get started with Arduino
I'd like to teach...
Potential teachers: see How to Run an Event!
- Slide rule usage
- I can teach beginning operations (multiplication, division, exponentiation, trig, logs, etc), but I'm pretty slow these days. Hudson 16:28, 27 July 2008 (UTC)
- Oscilloscopes and triggers
- How to use a scope and build a programmable trigger using a microcontroller. Hudson 16:28, 27 July 2008 (UTC)
- Unix tricks
- Efficient text processing using the Unix toolkit (vi, cut, sed, awk, perl, dc, etc). Hudson 16:28, 27 July 2008 (UTC)
- Makefiles for microcontrollers
- How to automate the build, install, test cycle using a serial bootloader and make. Hudson 16:28, 27 July 2008 (UTC)
- How to type
- timball and mark steele teach n00bs to codes. timball Thu Aug 7 18:39:11 UTC 2008
- Learning Telephony using Asterisk emacsen
- How to home brew beer -adam