From HacDC Wiki
Revision as of 10:35, 16 February 2014 by Gatohaus (talk | contribs) (Gatohaus moved page Talk:ExcessDisposal to Talk:Excess Disposal: camelecase complicates search success)
- Suggest requiring all loaned items to be labeled.
- Could be as little as just a name on a piece of masking tape but something to identify it as non-Hac property. Loaned items tend to stick around a while and we forget that they're loaned.. until the day the owner wants them back and we discover the item(s) have been hacked or removed from the space. --Gatohaus (talk) 07:57, 19 November 2013 (PST)
- Speedy Disposal
Criteria that might enable speedy decision making:
- Low value items (<$50 commercial value).
- Not meeting any of the "Stays at HacDC Criteria.
- Item and inside components accurately characterized.
- As a 501(c)3 organization, we need to use a process (ie. the going out pile) which ensures individuals do not benefit at the organization's expense. A such, it is not yet clear whether we can authorize a less bureaucratic disposal process than the going out pile. This subject needs a legal expert. Mirage335 (talk) 08:45, 25 November 2013 (PST)