USA Science & Engineering Festival 2012
From HacDC Wiki
HacDC has a 10x20 foot booth at the 2012 USA Science & Engineering Festival, in the National Robot Fest and DIY Expo area that has been organized by Gary Mauler.
Here is a map and schedule of the entire Festival.
Here is the floorplan of the Robotfest/DIY Expo area. We have booths 2250 + 2252.
Here are slides from the conference call where they discussed logistics like move-in and move-out rules.
Who Will Be Going
List of people who will be going, when, and whether they can sit at the HacDC booth
- Tim Slagle, at booth Saturday, going Sunday with my kids
- David Kaufman, going Saturday and Sunday
- Mark Adams
- haxwithaxe as needed
- The Doctor, Saturday and Sunday
- Anderson Ta, @booth on Saturday all day
- Martin R, Saturday & Sunday
- Nick B, Friday, Saturday & Sunday
- David Whiteis, Sunday?
Exhibitors will be allowed to hand-carry in one trip worth of items for their booth. You must be able to carry it by yourself with no help from people or equipment (backpacks okay). Everything else will need to be brought in from the loading dock to our booth on a cart by Hargrove, the union drayage service. We have coupons for two 3'x5' cart-loads of stuff. They will unload the stuff from our vehicle and move it (by cart) to our booth, and then we would go set it up I suppose. If you will need to haul your stuff on a cart, please sign up here:
- Who, What, Size (WxLxH), When
- Tim Slagle, Plotter, 2.5x1.5x1 feet, Friday afternoon?
- Tim Slagle, LED Message Ball in box, 1.5x1.5x2', Friday afternoon?
Everything going by cart will need to be labelled with HacDC and our booth number, which is 2250.
Projects On Display
If you'd like to show something at the 2012 USASEF, feel free to ad your project info to the list below. Do it soon so we can organize the transport setup and breakdown of the booth! For each project please list info like :
- Name of project
- Contact person
- Who will be at the booth and when
- Space needed
- Equipment required
- Supplies needed
- Completion status
- Project wiki page
- Contact: TimS
- Booth people: TimS all day Saturday
- Space: 4 ft of table space for plotter and PC; wall space with white background for taking images with webcam
- Equipment: Windows PC or laptop, webcam and tripod, HP7550A plotter, maybe light source
- Supplies: Paper with HacDC info, plotter pens/ink
- Status: in development
Trippy Video Pong
- Contact: BradB
- Equipment: Fast PC running Linux, webcam, video projector
- Status: under development
- Contact: Martin R
- Staff: Martin R Sat & Sun
- Space: 2 feet of table space
- Equipment: Laptop for displaying video, SB hardware display, poster
- Status: Poster in development
- Project Wiki: SpaceBlimp
- Contact: haxwithaxe
- haxwithaxe (as much as possible)
- The Doctor
- Space needed: none or space for small whiteboard
- Room to set up a mesh node would be nice.
- Equipment required: small whiteboard if space allows
- Supplies needed: CD-Rs and spare USBThumbdrives ahead of time
- Completion status: impending Beta
- Project wiki page: wiki project site
- Contact: Mark Adams
- Contact: David Kaufman
- Contact: Anderson Ta
- Staff: Anderson Ta, Saturday
- Space: 3 feet of table space for UP!
- Supplies: Roll of Plastic, Kinect/Tripod (if we are still scanning?), Power Strip
- Contact: ITechGeek
- Staff: (not needed?)
- Space: 2 feet of table space
- Equipment: Computer, Keyboard, Mouse, and LCD monitor
Ring Bubble Generator
- Contact: David Whiteis
- Staff: David Whiteis Sunday
- Equipment: Water tank, pump
- Space: 14" wide for tank.
- Supplies: water for tank, power
Misc Stuff To Bring
A list of stuff we will want to have at the booth. If you can bring it, please sign up with your name by the item. Personal items should have your name written on them in big letters so it can be returned to you easily.
- HacDC banner for table:
- HacDC postcards: Mark Adams
- HacDC brochures? (maybe we should save these since they will all get given away)
- Power strips (at least 4 needed): Tim Slagle
- Network switch and ethernet cables to hook up PCs together: Tim Slagle
- Extension cords (2-3 needed)
- Duct tape for taping down cords: Tim Slagle
- Big bowl of Dum Dums lollipops: Tim Slagle
- LED message ball: Tim Slagle
- HacDC Tip Jar (if allowed)