From HacDC Wiki
Our most urgent need currently is for bins, boxes, and shelving! Please see below.
We're always on the lookout for donations. Put what you've got to good use! Donate it to HacDC!
E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about specific items that do not appear here, or to arrange specific donation times. Otherwise, please stop by any of our public events with your donations!
- Soldering Irons
3/8" VSR Drill (in good working order plzkthx!)
- Shop-Vac accessories
- Dust-collector type equipment for woodworking
- Saw, sharp
Note: Test equipment that pushes data via USB or Serial to a computer is preferred.
- Spectrum Analyzer
- [PC cable tester]
- Cat-5 tester that detects split pairs
- Infrared thermometer
- Thermal camera (hey, we can dream!)
- USB protocol analyzer (as above!)
- EPROM programmer, and oodles of socket adapters and test clips
- Variable-output power supply
- Electron Microscope
- Wifi Unidapt Kit
- Regular Unidapt kit
- Any wheeled shelving or carts with dimensions smaller than (32"Hx64"WX30"D). This will fit under our tables.
- Any tall shelving, approx 24-36"Wx18"Dx72"H. Taller is fine. Target has wire shelving, 5 tiers, 36x18x72, for $30 but they're out of stock.
- Plastic bins, boxes, trays, the sturdier the better. Clear?
- Dry-erase board (we might build this ourselves)
- Pull-down movie screen (as above)
Parts & Supplies
- Audio Cables
Ethernet Cables(very funny! we're swimming in 'em!)
- Radio Parts
- Power Cables
- Power Converters/Chargers
- Plastic baggies (small zipper, not food-grade)
- Wall-hung cabinet with a zillion tiny clear plastic drawers
- Rubber bands
- Dry-erase markers